#Bumpgate One Year Later, Airbus’ Cargo Sleeping Bunks, Why Not to Visit the Sheraton Maldives and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed this week.
Read about how the airline industry has changed one year after #BumpGate.
Last year, United made headlines for all the wrong reasons. Take a look at how the airline has changed since the incident with Dr. Dao.
TPG‘s Editor-at-Large had a few thoughts on the Shertaton Maldives, take a look and see if you agree.
Airbus is developing this product for the A330. Once development and certification are complete, the aircraft manufacturer has plans to add sleeping decks to its A350s.
There are way too many credit card perks to let friends use cash or debit cards.
A $10 donation toward Rainbow Railroad will get you in the running for 500,000 points and you’ll be helping save lives!
The 2018 version of the U.S. Travel Association’s Daily Getaways deals kicked off this week, and the deals are going fast. Take a look to see what offers are still available.
In other news…
Tom Brady flies Qatar’s private aircraft
Earlier this week, Qatar tweeted a picture of Tom Brady and family getting ready to ride in Qatar’s private aircraft.
KLM’s New Business Seats
Japan-based Jamco Group will supply KLM with its new World Business Class seats. Check out renderings of the new seats here, set to be delivered by June, 2019.
Gogo’s 2Ku Inflight Connectivity Solution Selected by Air Canada for its Bombardier C-Series Aircraft
Earlier this week, Gogo announced that its 2Ku inflight connectivity solution has been chosen by Air Canada for its Bombardier CS300 aircraft.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees