United Devaluations, Flying With Weed at LAX, JetBlue Introducing Basic Economy and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
More spend, less upgrades and everything else you didn’t want to read about United’s elite status.
Expected rules apply, like, “don’t smoke on the plane and don’t act like a maniac.”
And carry-ons are included? Woah.
The older ship got a $120 million revamp, so we naturally had to test the waters.
Industry awards, celebrities and a chance for readers to attend? Read on.
Let’s just say… if you’ve got an Amex Platinum card, you might want to make your next connection through DFW.
Of course, everyone has something to say about it.
Tons of great IHG deals coming right up.
A lot of firsts for TPG’s Samantha Rosen who recently flew Cathay Pacific first.
Although the airport has seen a 23% annual passenger increase since 2008, the Port Authority still hasn’t prioritized a new runway.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.