Welcoming Air Albania, 2 New Priority Pass Restaurant Lounges, a Look Inside AA’s 787-8 DIY Lie-Flat and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
Under the auspices of Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama, Air Albania has officially launched.
Priority Pass’ ever-expanding portfolio of restaurant lounges shouldn’t be overlooked.
TPG’s Katie Genter made her Main Cabin Extra seat into a lie-flat on AA’s 787-8 — but did it miss the mark?
It’s not too often that baggage handlers go viral for actually handling with care.
The new system uses two lanes to better organize passengers as they board.
You might not have known that your Chase Sapphire Preferred gives you so much protection.
Check out the routes you’ll be able to fly AA’s 787-8 beginning next May.
Now that’s embarrassing.
We know you’ve been wondering, so here’s the breakdown of why it happens and how to deal with it.
The 747 that’s graced Burning Man with its presence for the past three years was spotted 12 miles into the desert.
Something must be in the pressurized air this week because airlines just aren’t being nice.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.