SAS Offering Free Flights for Children for a Limited Time
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) is at it again, offering its yearly kids-fly-free promotion. Between May 1 and May 13, the Scandinavian carrier is offering free base airfare for children up to 11 years old. Children must be traveling with parents or a guardian and must pay the applicable taxes and fees.
Passengers who take advantage of this offer can travel from any of the airline’s seven gateways in the United States. That includes Boston (BOS), New York (EWR), Miami (MIA), Washington D.C. (IAD), Chicago (ORD), San Francisco (SFO) and Los Angeles (LAX). From these seven US cities, SAS connects to the Nordic countries of Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.
In order for kids to fly free on SAS, passengers and their children must travel between August 20, 2018, and March 30, 2019. (Note: There are a few blackout dates around the holiday season). Last year in 2017, SAS offered a similar promotion for children to fly free. Travelers interested in this promotion should look here for booking details on how to travel with their children for free.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.