This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) is at it again, offering its yearly kids-fly-free promotion. Between May 1 and May 13, the Scandinavian carrier is offering free base airfare for children up to 11 years old. Children must be traveling with parents or a guardian and must pay the applicable taxes and fees.
Passengers who take advantage of this offer can travel from any of the airline’s seven gateways in the United States. That includes Boston (BOS), New York (EWR), Miami (MIA), Washington D.C. (IAD), Chicago (ORD), San Francisco (SFO) and Los Angeles (LAX). From these seven US cities, SAS connects to the Nordic countries of Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.
In order for kids to fly free on SAS, passengers and their children must travel between August 20, 2018, and March 30, 2019. (Note: There are a few blackout dates around the holiday season). Last year in 2017, SAS offered a similar promotion for children to fly free. Travelers interested in this promotion should look here for booking details on how to travel with their children for free.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards