This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) is at it again, offering its yearly kids-fly-free promotion. Between May 1 and May 13, the Scandinavian carrier is offering free base airfare for children up to 11 years old. Children must be traveling with parents or a guardian and must pay the applicable taxes and fees.
Passengers who take advantage of this offer can travel from any of the airline’s seven gateways in the United States. That includes Boston (BOS), New York (EWR), Miami (MIA), Washington D.C. (IAD), Chicago (ORD), San Francisco (SFO) and Los Angeles (LAX). From these seven US cities, SAS connects to the Nordic countries of Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.
In order for kids to fly free on SAS, passengers and their children must travel between August 20, 2018, and March 30, 2019. (Note: There are a few blackout dates around the holiday season). Last year in 2017, SAS offered a similar promotion for children to fly free. Travelers interested in this promotion should look here for booking details on how to travel with their children for free.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees