No, the Chase Sapphire Reserve Is Not Getting a Rebrand
If you logged in to your Chase account last night or this morning and saw an unfamiliar image next to the Chase Sapphire Reserve, you’re not alone.
Several TPG readers reached out after seeing this texturized silver card art next to their CSR in their online account — a, um, noticeable departure from the Sapphire Reserve’s classic deep blue with geometric flourishes.
Though you may have thought Chase was pulling a “new year, new me” move and slyly rolling out some new (albeit questionable) Sapphire branding, that’s not the case.
According to a spokesperson for the issuer, “The generic card art was a result of a minor technical update and is not part of a redesign. The Sapphire card art should be visible again.”
That’s right folks, the CSR is not ditching its classic sapphire hue; the silver card is simply the generic image you’ll see in the event of a technical glitch on the backend. So, no need to question the issuer’s sanity — or to call the bank and ask when your new card’s coming. For now, at least, the signature blue metal design remains.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.