San Diego gets a nonstop route to Montreal on Air Transat
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Transat is beefing up its U.S. presence. The Canadian leisure carrier will add a new transcontinental route to California and additional flights on routes to New Orleans and Florida.
The highest-profile addition will come from Air Transat’s Montreal base, where the airline will add seasonal nonstop service to San Diego in Summer 2020.
Air Transat, which says it will be the only carrier flying nonstop between the cities, will offer three Boeing 737-800 flights a week on the route from Jun. 15 through Oct. 28.
Elsewhere, Air Transat will extend its yet-to-launch Montreal-New Orleans service. Twice-weekly flights are set to begin in November, and will continue throughout the summer because of “high demand.”
AirTransat also will add more flights to its Florida schedules, including on routes between Montreal and both Fort Lauderdale and Orlando and between Quebec City and Fort Lauderdale.
“We are enriching our offering to the western and southern United States, in line with growing travellers’ expectations,” Annick Guérard, Air Transat’s Chief Operating Officer, says in a statement. “The North American tourism market is strong, and as the No. 1 leisure airline in Canada, we are happy to increase our destinations and frequencies, all while strengthening our Montreal hub.”
Air Transat focuses on leisure routes, flying to more than 60 international destinations in more than 25 countries in the Americas and Europe. It operates from several Canadian airports, though its main base is at Montreal.
Air Canada has made a bid to acquire Air Transat, which could close sometime next year, pending regulatory approval.
Featured photo by BriYYZ via Flickr.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee