Saks is having a sale on Tumi bags — and you can save even more with the right card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s time for a shopping spree.
Saks Fifth Avenue is having a 20% off sale on all Tumi products, which means that carry-on spinner you’ve had your eye on is finally a little more within reach. There’s a host of items available for a discounted rate, ranging from card cases and wallets to luggage tags, backpacks and more, so you’ll want to act sooner rather than later as many items are likely to sell out. Just keep in mind that clothing is still full price.
Here are a few things that caught our attention:
It’s functional, sleek and stylish, and you’ll definitely stand out in a crowd with this spinner. Originally retailing for $995, you can get it on sale for $796.
A backpack named after the language that will impress airline employees is a backpack we can get behind. It’s on sale for $340, down from $425.
Another great option for business trips, this slim leather briefcase can be yours for $520 (originally $650).
These are just a few Tumi products ono sale now, and there’s definitely something for every type of traveler on the digital racks. The best part is that if you have The Platinum Card® from American Express and haven’t used your Saks credit yet, you can get another $50 off your purchase.
As a reminder, cardholders receive a $100 credit for Saks every year — $50 between January and June, and another $50 between July and December. You don’t have to apply any special codes, either. Just enroll your card through your American Express account, and use it to pay for your new Tumi swag. The $50 will automatically be deducted as a statement credit. Of course, you can apply this to any item(s) at Saks, even if you’re not in the market for a new Tumi tote.
If you don’t have the Platinum card, we still have good news for you. Virtually all American Express cardholders are eligible for a complimentary ShopRunner membership (enrollment required). ShopRunner partners with retailers so you get complimentary expedited shipping from hundreds of retailers, including (you guessed it!) Saks Fifth Avenue. It usually costs $79 per year, but you’ll get it complimentary if you have:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- American Express® Gold Card
- The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
The information for the Amex EveryDay, Amex EveryDay Preferred has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Between the Tumi sale, $50 credit and ShopRunner access, you could really be looking at some major savings and shopping perks from an otherwise pretty pricey retailer … if you play your cards right, of course.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees