Up To 70% Off At Saks Fifth Ave – Stack the Sale With Your Amex Platinum Credit
The Platinum Card® from American Express comes with a whole lot of valuable benefits, way too many to list all at once. Some, like the Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline credit and up to $200 in annual Uber credits, are central to justifying the card’s $550 annual fee (See Rates & Fees). Then there are plenty of other perks that are nice to have, but aren’t going to move the needle when it come to deciding whether or not the Platinum is right for you.
At the top of this list of nice but non-essential benefits is up to $100 in annual statement credits at Saks Fifth Avenue, which breaks down as a $50 statement credit during the first 6 months of the year and another $50 during the last 6 months.
Unless you already shop at Saks regularly, this perk isn’t too valuable, but it’s still something you should absolutely take advantage of. With annual credits resetting for the new year, now is a great time to put it to use.
To sweeten the deal even further, Saks is currently running a final sale promotion with up to 70% off select designer brands. You can even stack this with another deal Saks is running: $50 of $250 with the promo code JAN50. This would let you buy $300 of merchandise for $200 after your Amex Platinum credit — just don’t forget to register your card for this perk before making a purchase.
What to Purchase
If you’re taking fashion advice from me, you seriously need to look in a mirror and question your life decisions. That being said, Saks does make it very easy to sort by price to find items under $50. Once you scroll through all the underwear and socks, you can even find some discounted designer pieces on sale.
Personally, I’m a big believer that you can never have too many plain gray t-shirts.
The Amex Platinum’s annual Saks Fifth Avenue statement credits can be a nice freebie for people who wouldn’t otherwise shop there. Now is a great time to use these credits, as Saks is running a massive sale of up to 70% off. You can even triple-dip this deal by clicking through a cash-back portal or shopping portal before making your purchase to supercharge your returns even more.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, please click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees