Up To 70% Off At Saks Fifth Ave – Stack the Sale With Your Amex Platinum Credit
The Platinum Card® from American Express comes with a whole lot of valuable benefits, way too many to list all at once. Some, like the Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline credit and up to $200 in annual Uber credits, are central to justifying the card’s $695 annual fee (See Rates & Fees). Then there are plenty of other perks that are nice to have, but aren’t going to move the needle when it come to deciding whether or not the Platinum is right for you.
At the top of this list of nice but non-essential benefits is up to $100 in annual statement credits at Saks Fifth Avenue, which breaks down as a $50 statement credit during the first 6 months of the year and another $50 during the last 6 months.
Unless you already shop at Saks regularly, this perk isn’t too valuable, but it’s still something you should absolutely take advantage of. With annual credits resetting for the new year, now is a great time to put it to use.
To sweeten the deal even further, Saks is currently running a final sale promotion with up to 70% off select designer brands. You can even stack this with another deal Saks is running: $50 of $250 with the promo code JAN50. This would let you buy $300 of merchandise for $200 after your Amex Platinum credit — just don’t forget to register your card for this perk before making a purchase.
What to Purchase
If you’re taking fashion advice from me, you seriously need to look in a mirror and question your life decisions. That being said, Saks does make it very easy to sort by price to find items under $50. Once you scroll through all the underwear and socks, you can even find some discounted designer pieces on sale.
Personally, I’m a big believer that you can never have too many plain gray t-shirts.
The Amex Platinum’s annual Saks Fifth Avenue statement credits can be a nice freebie for people who wouldn’t otherwise shop there. Now is a great time to use these credits, as Saks is running a massive sale of up to 70% off. You can even triple-dip this deal by clicking through a cash-back portal or shopping portal before making your purchase to supercharge your returns even more.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, please click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees