This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The partnership between World of Hyatt and the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, initially announced last August, has progressed quickly. We’ve seen three rounds of integrations (in November, January and February), opening up a plethora of new luxurious resorts at which you can earn and redeem your Hyatt points. This has included several properties in areas where Hyatt didn’t previously have a presence, and one that got a lot of attention is the Sailrock Resort in the Turks & Caicos.
If you’re considering using your Hyatt points for a stay there, this just got much more valuable. The resort recently added round-trip, inter-island flights from Providenciales International Airport (PLS) to South Caicos International Airport (XSC) along with round-trip transfers from the airport to the resort as built-in components of stays at the property — including those booked with Hyatt points. This is a fantastic new perk, one that we’d love to see extended to the various points hotels in the Maldives that tack on hundreds (or even thousands) of dollars worth of seaplane and boat transfers.
Of course, this change does come at a cost: Effective 11am Central Time on April 8, 2019, Sailrock Resort will shift into Hyatt’s top-tier Category 8, moving from 30,000 points per night to 40,000 points per night.
However, this does open up a narrow window for you to maximize this newly-added perk. If you can book an award stay at Sailrock before the pricing change is implemented, you’ll pay the current price (30k points per night) and enjoy the included inter-island transfers.
These transfers are regularly scheduled commercial flights on interCaribbean Airways. There are two daily flights in each direction:
- JY121 departs Providenciales at 8:30 AM, arrives in South Caicos at 9:00 AM
- JY161 departs Providenciales at 3:40 PM, arrives in South Caicos at 4:15 PM
- JY122 departs South Caicos at 9:10 AM, arrives in Providenciales at 9:40 AM
- JY162 departs South Caicos at 4:25 PM, arrives in Providenciales at 5:00 PM
As a result, you should try to time your arrival into Providenciales to coincide with the afternoon flight or plan to spend some time on the main island first. For additional details on these transfers, check out this link on the resort’s website.
Awards at Sailrock Resort property book into a 47-square-meter (~500-square-foot) Ridgetop Ocean View Suite. This is an open floorplan, includes a kitchenette, soaking tub and a wraparound terrace to take in the beauty of the island. However, just be aware that in our searches, it appears that the hotel requires a three-night minimum to book through World of Hyatt, regardless of whether you’re using your points or paying for your stay outright. If you search for a shorter stay through Hyatt’s website, you’ll receive the following error message:
If you extend that search just by a day, availability will appear:
This is a great new perk to be included for guests that simplifies the whole process. Even though paying for these flights isn’t normally that expensive (~$100 per person on the various dates I looked), it’s still nice to not have to worry about getting to this remote destination and simply having points take care of it all. Just be sure to finalize your plans now if you can, since this limited-time pricing at the current 30k level is only available through 11am Central Time on April 8, 2019.
Featured photo courtesy of Sailrock Resort
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees