This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ryanair group has announced that one of its subsidiaries, Poland-based Ryanair Sun, is getting a brand overhaul — and it’s insect-themed.
Introducing: Buzz — the new name that will encapsulate the fleet’s brand makeover.
A little more than a year old, Ryanair Sun operates under its own Air Operator’s Certificate (AOC) and was originally used for flights for Polish tour companies. However, within its small lifespan, the subsidiary has already seen some decent growth. Its initial fleet of five Boeing 737-800 aircraft has expanded to 17, and it has added scheduled Ryanair flights to its operations in addition to charters.
The Buzz brand is also a resurrection of an old low-cost carrier operated by KLM UK through the late 90s and early 2000s. In 2003, Buzz brand and its routes were acquired by Ryanair Group, folded into its larger and growing business. As of now, Buzz will be joining three other brands under Ryanair group including Laudamotion, Ryanair UK and, of course, Ireland-based Ryanair itself.
So what exactly will this brand overhaul involve? Well, despite some heavily themed livery and interior coloring (we hope you like black and yellow), the new brand will offer Polish customers a new website and app for booking flights directly on Buzz and Ryanair. Other than that, the aircraft models, seats and layouts seemingly will remain the same.
“Following a successful year of growth for Ryanair Sun, we are delighted that our planes will have a new and unique branding as we launch Buzz,” said Michał Kaczmarzyk, Ryanair Sun CEO. “Our goal is to offer services at the highest level to both customers and tour-operators.”
Prior to the full rebranding, which will occur in autumn 2019, Ryanair aims to expand the Buzz/Ryanair Sun fleet to 25 aircraft by this summer.
Featured image via @Ryanair on Twitter
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards