Ryanair Is Buying 25 More 737 MAX Aircraft From Boeing
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ryanair announced Tuesday it would be purchasing 25 more 737 MAX aircraft from Boeing. The additional planes brings the budget carrier’s total order of the narrowbody short-haul jet to 135.
Ryanair is the largest operator of Boeing planes in Europe. The Ireland-based carrier currently has a fleet of about 430 Boeing 737 aircraft, with an order of 100 of the 737 MAX, which it ordered in 2014. That order left the carrier with options on 100 more of the MAX generation of aircraft, which Ryanair has called a “game changer” for its bottom line because of its fuel efficiency while also packing in a significant number of passengers (its orders stipulate a 197-seat configuration).
In addition to the 2014 order, the carrier ordered 10 more Boeing MAX generation planes in June 2017.
The low-cost airline also said the new MAX order will help in reaching its goal of flying 200 million passengers per year by 2024. Ryanair’s first 737 MAX planes are slated for delivery in the first half of 2019.
Featured image by Manuel Queimadelos Alonso/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees