This Royal Caribbean Ship Will Have the Longest Waterslide at Sea
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the largest passenger vessels in the world is about to get even more over-the-top.
On Feb. 24, 2019, Royal Caribbean’s 3,800-passenger Navigator of the Seas will emerge from a $115 million modernization with a litany of new features, including a pool deck inspired by a Caribbean beach, two waterslides, the very first blow dry bar at sea and new family spaces to boot.
Adrenaline junkies will appreciate The Blaster, which is Royal Caribbean’s first-ever aqua coaster and apparently the longest waterslide at sea. On this ride, each two-person raft will be shuttled through 800 feet of ups and downs, including a turn that actually extends beyond the edge of the ship for that “I’m definitely about to launch into the ocean” feel.
There are also a handful of experiences cruising newbies will be shocked to hear are even possible on a boat floating at sea: glow-in-the-dark laser tag, mini-golf and an escape room.
On the family front, Royal Caribbean has definitely dialed-up the focus. The revamped ship includes an updated take on the line’s kids program and, for the slightly older crowd, there’s a redesigned Living Room (described as a “teen-only laidback hangout”) as well as a new hidden entrance and outdoor deck.
At the revised poolscape, parents will find a Splash Pad for the kiddos.
Despite technical issues that resulted in the ship taking on water during a recent cruise, the Navigator is expected to resume sailing and reposition to Miami on schedule. From there, she will sail a series of 5- and 9-night Caribbean itineraries. The line will then offer vacationers 3-night weekend and 4-night weekday sailings to the Bahamas starting May 2019, becoming the first to visit Perfect Day at CocoCay — the debut destination in the cruise line’s recently announced private island collection.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees