This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the largest passenger vessels in the world is about to get even more over-the-top.
On Feb. 24, 2019, Royal Caribbean’s 3,800-passenger Navigator of the Seas will emerge from a $115 million modernization with a litany of new features, including a pool deck inspired by a Caribbean beach, two waterslides, the very first blow dry bar at sea and new family spaces to boot.
Adrenaline junkies will appreciate The Blaster, which is Royal Caribbean’s first-ever aqua coaster and apparently the longest waterslide at sea. On this ride, each two-person raft will be shuttled through 800 feet of ups and downs, including a turn that actually extends beyond the edge of the ship for that “I’m definitely about to launch into the ocean” feel.
There are also a handful of experiences cruising newbies will be shocked to hear are even possible on a boat floating at sea: glow-in-the-dark laser tag, mini-golf and an escape room.
On the family front, Royal Caribbean has definitely dialed-up the focus. The revamped ship includes an updated take on the line’s kids program and, for the slightly older crowd, there’s a redesigned Living Room (described as a “teen-only laidback hangout”) as well as a new hidden entrance and outdoor deck.
At the revised poolscape, parents will find a Splash Pad for the kiddos.
Despite technical issues that resulted in the ship taking on water during a recent cruise, the Navigator is expected to resume sailing and reposition to Miami on schedule. From there, she will sail a series of 5- and 9-night Caribbean itineraries. The line will then offer vacationers 3-night weekend and 4-night weekday sailings to the Bahamas starting May 2019, becoming the first to visit Perfect Day at CocoCay — the debut destination in the cruise line’s recently announced private island collection.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees