This Royal Caribbean Ship Will Have the Longest Waterslide at Sea
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the largest passenger vessels in the world is about to get even more over-the-top.
On Feb. 24, 2019, Royal Caribbean’s 3,800-passenger Navigator of the Seas will emerge from a $115 million modernization with a litany of new features, including a pool deck inspired by a Caribbean beach, two waterslides, the very first blow dry bar at sea and new family spaces to boot.
Adrenaline junkies will appreciate The Blaster, which is Royal Caribbean’s first-ever aqua coaster and apparently the longest waterslide at sea. On this ride, each two-person raft will be shuttled through 800 feet of ups and downs, including a turn that actually extends beyond the edge of the ship for that “I’m definitely about to launch into the ocean” feel.
There are also a handful of experiences cruising newbies will be shocked to hear are even possible on a boat floating at sea: glow-in-the-dark laser tag, mini-golf and an escape room.
On the family front, Royal Caribbean has definitely dialed-up the focus. The revamped ship includes an updated take on the line’s kids program and, for the slightly older crowd, there’s a redesigned Living Room (described as a “teen-only laidback hangout”) as well as a new hidden entrance and outdoor deck.
At the revised poolscape, parents will find a Splash Pad for the kiddos.
Despite technical issues that resulted in the ship taking on water during a recent cruise, the Navigator is expected to resume sailing and reposition to Miami on schedule. From there, she will sail a series of 5- and 9-night Caribbean itineraries. The line will then offer vacationers 3-night weekend and 4-night weekday sailings to the Bahamas starting May 2019, becoming the first to visit Perfect Day at CocoCay — the debut destination in the cruise line’s recently announced private island collection.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.