This Royal Caribbean Ship Will Have the Longest Waterslide at Sea
One of the largest passenger vessels in the world is about to get even more over-the-top.
On Feb. 24, 2019, Royal Caribbean’s 3,800-passenger Navigator of the Seas will emerge from a $115 million modernization with a litany of new features, including a pool deck inspired by a Caribbean beach, two waterslides, the very first blow dry bar at sea and new family spaces to boot.
Adrenaline junkies will appreciate The Blaster, which is Royal Caribbean’s first-ever aqua coaster and apparently the longest waterslide at sea. On this ride, each two-person raft will be shuttled through 800 feet of ups and downs, including a turn that actually extends beyond the edge of the ship for that “I’m definitely about to launch into the ocean” feel.
There are also a handful of experiences cruising newbies will be shocked to hear are even possible on a boat floating at sea: glow-in-the-dark laser tag, mini-golf and an escape room.
On the family front, Royal Caribbean has definitely dialed-up the focus. The revamped ship includes an updated take on the line’s kids program and, for the slightly older crowd, there’s a redesigned Living Room (described as a “teen-only laidback hangout”) as well as a new hidden entrance and outdoor deck.
At the revised poolscape, parents will find a Splash Pad for the kiddos.
Despite technical issues that resulted in the ship taking on water during a recent cruise, the Navigator is expected to resume sailing and reposition to Miami on schedule. From there, she will sail a series of 5- and 9-night Caribbean itineraries. The line will then offer vacationers 3-night weekend and 4-night weekday sailings to the Bahamas starting May 2019, becoming the first to visit Perfect Day at CocoCay — the debut destination in the cruise line’s recently announced private island collection.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.