Actress Rose McGowan Allegedly Left Cocaine on Plane, Faces Felony Charge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Actress Rose McGowan is still dealing with major repercussions of losing her wallet on a plane last year, when she flew to Washington, DC to participate in the Women’s March.
After arriving at Washington Dulles (IAD) on January 20, 2017, McGowan left her wallet at seat 6L on board United flight 653 from Los Angeles (LAX). (McGowan later told The New Yorker that she never removed her wallet from her backpack, but that the backpack had been left unattended for a few minutes during a trip to the plane restroom.) She realized her wallet was missing after she left the terminal, and filed a lost-item claim with United.
The cleaning crew who found her wallet discovered two small bags containing a white powder, which police officials later tested positive for cocaine. The wallet was identified as McGowan’s and contained her California driver’s license, a medical marijuana card, credit card and health insurance card. As a result, Detective J.C. Hughes of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority filed a warrant for McGowan’s arrest on February 1, 2017.
McGowan voluntarily turned herself in to a magistrate’s office in Loudoun County, Virginia, in November 2017, where she was released on a $5,000 personal-recognizance bond and later assigned a court date. A grand jury indicted the Charmed actress for cocaine possession on June 11. McGowan potentially faces up to 10 years in prison for the charge.
She and her lawyer have publicly stated that she will not plead guilty.
McGowan, who has been outspoken against producer Harvey Weinstein for allegedly raping her as well as sexually assaulting a number of other women in Hollywood, believes that a private detective had been trailing her on Weinstein’s behalf. McGowan and her lawyer also believe that the drugs were planted in her wallet, since it was out of her possession for between five to 11 hours. For further proof, McGowan referenced an Instagram message she received the day after the flight, from a user she did not know, which read: “You left your wallet on your Saturday flight with your 2 bags of coke.” The account has since been deactivated, although McGowan retained screenshots of the message.
Photo by RENA LAVERTY/AFP/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees