This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While Amex cards are known for providing plenty of traditional perks, ranging from rental car protection to Centurion Lounge access, there are also a handful of benefits available to more proactive cardmembers — Amex Offers is easily one of my favorites.
I’ve taken advantage of plenty of offers over the years, earning me thousands of bonus points and hundreds of dollars in statement credits on purchases I likely would have made either way.
One such purchase is a stay at Ritz-Carlton, one of my new favorite hotel brands following the Marriott-SPG merger. Now, as of Wednesday, Amex is offering $100 off a Ritz purchase of $500 or more, including room rate and charges billed to your account during a stay.
This happens to be one of the most widespread Amex Offers I’ve come across. For example, here are the personal credit cards we see it offered on:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
It’s available on these business cards as well:
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express
- The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express
- Business Green Rewards Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
You need to register first by clicking “Add to Card” within your Amex account, either on Amex’s site or via the mobile app. Only properties in the US, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Canada, Mexico, Aruba and the Cayman Islands are eligible, excluding Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Residences and Destination Club properties.
Be sure to read the full terms and conditions to be sure you’ll be eligible for the $100 credit before you make a purchase. Credits post within 90 days after the promo ends, on December 24, 2018.
Featured image of The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch by David McMillin.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees