This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lyft has been continually adding reasons why you should book a ride with them instead of Uber. It’s partnership with Delta allows you to rack up SkyMiles on all rides, you can earn personal credits when taking business rides (up to 10% back in some cases) and it plans on launching a loyalty program.
Now, the ridesharing company has launched Boost by Lyft, which rewards riders with discounts and freebies when taking a ride to select businesses.
The program is currently only available in Denver, where Lyft has partnered with nearly 50 local bars, restaurants and museums that will give riders deals like free drinks or food after taking a Lyft to that business.
Lyft explains how Boost works:
- Lyft riders visit the Boost by Lyft website
- Browse through local offers from Lyft partners (for example, get 20% off your bill at TAG, or buy-one-get-one-free drinks at Mile High Spirits)
- Enter the desired promo code into the Lyft app
- Take a Lyft ride to the partner location
- Show the promo code and ride receipt
- Claim the deal (currently only available to residents of Denver)
The deals seems quite good, especially if you’re already going to one of these locations. BOGO beers or entrees could even make up for the cost of your ride. It appears that taking shared rides can get you the discount too, cutting down on costs even more.
Lyft said it created the program to push back against the ease of ordering in and to help support local businesses. It’s free for Denver businesses to sign up; Lyft claims the program will generate business during slower times and help attract new customers. Lyft says it currently doesn’t have any plans on expanding Boost beyond Denver, but it doesn’t sound like it’s ruling out the possibility either.
As always, to make your trip even more rewarding, use a credit card that earns bonus points on travel like the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), Citi Premier Card (3x on travel), Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel) and link your Lyft account to Delta SkyMiles.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees