Revamped Star Alliance Lounge Opens at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The 11-year-old Star Alliance lounge in the Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) airport has had a facelift. The revamped space opened on Tuesday. With seating for more than 220 guests, the stylish Parisian-inspired 10,549-sq-ft space offers a panoramic view of the airport from its penthouse vantage point, as well as a landscaped garden for a breath of fresh air between flights.
If you’re after a restful experience of another sort, check out the shower rooms or relax in front of the premium-quality television screens scattered throughout the facility. As you’d expect, you’ll also have access to a full range of beverages, alcoholic and otherwise, as well as an assortment of foods available at the buffet.
The updated lounge also offers expanded work zones, with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the space as well as a significant increase in the number of available power outlets — an intentional addition on the part of the design team.
The CDG Star Alliance lounge is open every day between 5:30am and 10:00pm for all passengers flying first and business class, as well as for Star Alliance Gold members passing through CDG’s Terminal 1 on Star Alliance airlines. First class travelers on Air China, Singapore Airlines and Thai Airways have exclusive access to a special VIP section as well.
The Paris lounge is one of eight total Star Alliance-branded lounges in airports around the world. The other destinations include Amsterdam (AMS), Buenos Aires (EZE), Los Angeles (LAX), Nagoya (NGO), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Rome (FCO) and Sao Paulo (GRU). The CDG lounge is accessible via Priority Pass, although access my be restricted during peak periods, especially between 5:30 and 11:00 am.
All photos courtesy of Star Alliance.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.