Revamped Star Alliance Lounge Opens at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The 11-year-old Star Alliance lounge in the Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) airport has had a facelift. The revamped space opened on Tuesday. With seating for more than 220 guests, the stylish Parisian-inspired 10,549-sq-ft space offers a panoramic view of the airport from its penthouse vantage point, as well as a landscaped garden for a breath of fresh air between flights.
If you’re after a restful experience of another sort, check out the shower rooms or relax in front of the premium-quality television screens scattered throughout the facility. As you’d expect, you’ll also have access to a full range of beverages, alcoholic and otherwise, as well as an assortment of foods available at the buffet.
The updated lounge also offers expanded work zones, with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the space as well as a significant increase in the number of available power outlets — an intentional addition on the part of the design team.
The CDG Star Alliance lounge is open every day between 5:30am and 10:00pm for all passengers flying first and business class, as well as for Star Alliance Gold members passing through CDG’s Terminal 1 on Star Alliance airlines. First class travelers on Air China, Singapore Airlines and Thai Airways have exclusive access to a special VIP section as well.
The Paris lounge is one of eight total Star Alliance-branded lounges in airports around the world. The other destinations include Amsterdam (AMS), Buenos Aires (EZE), Los Angeles (LAX), Nagoya (NGO), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Rome (FCO) and Sao Paulo (GRU). The CDG lounge is accessible via Priority Pass, although access my be restricted during peak periods, especially between 5:30 and 11:00 am.
All photos courtesy of Star Alliance.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees