This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Booking for All Nippon Airways’ A380 service between Honolulu (HNL) and Tokyo’s Narita airport (NRT) just opened on Thursday.
Starting May 24, ANA will launch the highly anticipated route. Its new A380s will feature a first-class cabin and business class, as well as ANA COUCHii in Economy class, a product similar to Air New Zealand’s Sky Couch.
ANA has been widely promoting the new A380 service. The route’s aircraft will even be decked out in special liveries. The first of the planes to operate the route rolled out of the paint booth just a few weeks ago in its Honu livery. There will eventually be a total of three A380s, each featuring a different version of the Honu livery; Hawaiian Sky (Blue), Hawaiian Ocean (Green) and Hawaiian Sunset (Orange).
May 24-June 30: Tuesday, Friday and Sunday departing at 8:10pm
July 1: Daily flight with two flights on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday departing at 8:10pm and 9:35pm
May 24-June 30: Tuesday, Friday and Sunday departing at 11:20am
July 1: Daily flights with two flights on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday departing at 11:20am and 12:45pm
Classes of Service
The double-decker plane will feature four classes of service to carry a total of 520 passengers. For the first time, ANA will be offering a first-class cabin on its service to HNL, with room for eight passengers in the front of the upper deck. The lie-flat seats will be in a 1-2-1 configuration and feature a raisable partition between passengers and a sliding door on the aisle side. Each seat will feature 32 inch LCD screens with plenty of power outlets and storage for passengers.
Business class will feature 56 fully lie-flat seats on the upper deck, also in a 1-2-1 configuration, so business class flyers will have direct aisle access as well. Center seats will offer a raisable partition between the paired seats. Passengers will have access to power outlets as well as an 18-inch touch screen monitor.
Premium economy will feature a total of 73 reclining seats in a 2-3-2 layout in the back of the upper deck. Passengers will have access to a 15.6-inch touch screen monitor and power outlets. The reclining seats feature 38 inches of pitch, leg and foot rests as well as a six-way adjustable headrest.
The remaining 383 seats will be economy class, which will fill the whole lower deck in a 3-4-3 configuration. The last six rows on the lower deck will be available for passengers to book the new ANA COUCHii. This allows passengers to turn their row of seats into a couch or bed by converting the seats.
Launch Promotions for ANA Mileage Club Members
ANA is offering a few deals for passengers to promote the launch of the new A380 service.
- Award availability for Premium and Economy for flights departing May 24 — July 11. Booking award seats is available between Jan. 10 and July 7.
- Win Your Miles Back: ANA will refund 100% of miles used on award tickets to one out of every 100 award tickets. The offer is good for award flights flown between May 24 and July 11. Passengers must first register to be eligible. You can register here.
Star Alliance Award Options
If you’re not a member of ANA’s Mileage Club but still want to book award travel onboard ANA’s new A380 we were able to find some sporadic availability with United ranging from 27.5K for Economy up to 85K for First Class for one way travel. Options were a bit more plentiful after the July 1 date when the second A380 is set to join the route, and the ANA Milage Club promotions have ended.
NRT to HNL
HNL to NRT
With the the A380 seemingly on it’s death bed with many other carriers, it will be interesting to see if ANA can make the route work with the beleaguered super jumbo. ANA has put a lot of time and capital into this new service. Only time will tellI if that was a wise investment on ANA’s part.
Featured Image by ANA.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees