You Can Now Make Reservations at Europe’s First Underwater Restaurant
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Underwater hotspots like the villa in the Maldives and the museum off the coast of Spain are definitely interesting ways to experience the world’s oceans, and soon you’ll be able to eat at Europe’s first underwater restaurant.
Under, the world’s largest underwater restaurant off the southern coast of Norway, is now accepting online reservations for parties of eight or less starting in April 2019 — larger parties must contact the restaurant via email. Several of the available dates already have waitlists built up. Rune Grasdal, a senior architect on the project, told CNN in a phone interview that customers should check the forecast before making their reservation.
The three-level restaurant is designed by the Norwegian architecture firm Snøhetta and began construction in January 2018. The project is expected to be completed by spring 2019.
The submerged building in Lindesnes, Norway goes 5 meters (or about 16 feet) deep into the water. You can expect a Champagne bar where you can look down at the main dining area and the dining tables are arranged in front of a 36-foot-wide panoramic window with views into the ocean. The restaurant’s food comes from chef Nicolai Ellitsgaard and will offer a menu full of fresh and local ingredients. Under suggests allotting no less than three and half hours to fully enjoy this restaurant experience.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.