You Can Now Make Reservations at Europe’s First Underwater Restaurant
Underwater hotspots like the villa in the Maldives and the museum off the coast of Spain are definitely interesting ways to experience the world’s oceans, and soon you’ll be able to eat at Europe’s first underwater restaurant.
Under, the world’s largest underwater restaurant off the southern coast of Norway, is now accepting online reservations for parties of eight or less starting in April 2019 — larger parties must contact the restaurant via email. Several of the available dates already have waitlists built up. Rune Grasdal, a senior architect on the project, told CNN in a phone interview that customers should check the forecast before making their reservation.
The three-level restaurant is designed by the Norwegian architecture firm Snøhetta and began construction in January 2018. The project is expected to be completed by spring 2019.
The submerged building in Lindesnes, Norway goes 5 meters (or about 16 feet) deep into the water. You can expect a Champagne bar where you can look down at the main dining area and the dining tables are arranged in front of a 36-foot-wide panoramic window with views into the ocean. The restaurant’s food comes from chef Nicolai Ellitsgaard and will offer a menu full of fresh and local ingredients. Under suggests allotting no less than three and half hours to fully enjoy this restaurant experience.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees