Now You Can Request a Hilton Diamond Status Extension Through March 31, 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Were you unable to hit your re-qualification goals with Hilton in 2018? If you have Hilton Honors Diamond status that’s expiring this March and you weren’t able to successfully re-qualify, you may be eligible to request a status extension with Hilton.
If you want to take advantage of the status extension, you’ll need to apply by March 27, 2019. It can take up to five days to process your extension request, but you’ll receive an email once it’s done. If approved, the status extension is a one-time benefit and valid through March 31, 2020 — so be sure to use it when you need it most since you won’t be eligible for another status extension.
In order to qualify for the status extension you must have:
- Diamond status that expires on March 31, 2019
- Three total years at Diamond status (years do not have to be consecutive)
- At least 250 nights (paid or reward) or 500,000+ earned Base Points since joining Hilton Honors (points earned via bonuses, promotions and/or co-branded credit cards do not count)
The form to apply for a status extension is simple. You only need to input your first name, last name, email address and Hilton Honors account number.
This status extension benefit can be extremely helpful if you’ve had personal or work issues that kept you at home in 2018 and prevented you from re-qualifying for Honors Diamond status. Diamond status is typically earned after 30 stays, 60 nights or by earning 120,000 Base Points in a calendar year (which equates to $12,000 in spending) and gives you benefits like bonus points, lounge access, breakfast and room upgrades. TPG values Honors Diamond status at $2,275, so there’s certainly value to be maintained if you’re expecting to resume traveling and staying with Hilton in 2019.
Wondering how else you can get or keep Hilton Honors Diamond status? Diamond status comes as an automatic benefit with the Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express. Or, you could sign up for the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, which comes with IHG Platinum status, and then match to Hilton Honors Diamond status. Although the match to Hilton Diamond status isn’t guaranteed, readers have consistently reported IHG Platinum status matching to Hilton Diamond status on TPG‘s status match post.
The information for the Hilton Aspire Amex card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured image of Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista courtesy of Hilton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.