Now You Can Request a Hilton Diamond Status Extension Through March 31, 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Were you unable to hit your re-qualification goals with Hilton in 2018? If you have Hilton Honors Diamond status that’s expiring this March and you weren’t able to successfully re-qualify, you may be eligible to request a status extension with Hilton.
If you want to take advantage of the status extension, you’ll need to apply by March 27, 2019. It can take up to five days to process your extension request, but you’ll receive an email once it’s done. If approved, the status extension is a one-time benefit and valid through March 31, 2020 — so be sure to use it when you need it most since you won’t be eligible for another status extension.
In order to qualify for the status extension you must have:
- Diamond status that expires on March 31, 2019
- Three total years at Diamond status (years do not have to be consecutive)
- At least 250 nights (paid or reward) or 500,000+ earned Base Points since joining Hilton Honors (points earned via bonuses, promotions and/or co-branded credit cards do not count)
The form to apply for a status extension is simple. You only need to input your first name, last name, email address and Hilton Honors account number.
This status extension benefit can be extremely helpful if you’ve had personal or work issues that kept you at home in 2018 and prevented you from re-qualifying for Honors Diamond status. Diamond status is typically earned after 30 stays, 60 nights or by earning 120,000 Base Points in a calendar year (which equates to $12,000 in spending) and gives you benefits like bonus points, lounge access, breakfast and room upgrades. TPG values Honors Diamond status at $2,275, so there’s certainly value to be maintained if you’re expecting to resume traveling and staying with Hilton in 2019.
Wondering how else you can get or keep Hilton Honors Diamond status? Diamond status comes as an automatic benefit with the Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express. Or, you could sign up for the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, which comes with IHG Platinum status, and then match to Hilton Honors Diamond status. Although the match to Hilton Diamond status isn’t guaranteed, readers have consistently reported IHG Platinum status matching to Hilton Diamond status on TPG‘s status match post.
The information for the Hilton Aspire Amex card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured image of Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista courtesy of Hilton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees