You Can Now Rent Jackie O’s Former Yacht for a Cool Six Figures
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you and 33 of your closest friends have a Vitamin D deficiency and a six-figure budget for your next week-long vacation, you might want to consider renting out Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis’ former yacht. The overwhelmingly lavish boat, now known as the Christina O, is available for charter.
The boat was purchased in 1954 by Jackie O’s second husband, Aristotle Onassis, and was originally named “Christina” (sans “O”) after his daughter. The name was changed to “Christina O” in 1998 when the boat got a new owner. Throughout its lifetime, many icons have sailed Christina O, including Winston Churchill, Marilyn Monroe, Princess Grace and Frank Sinatra.
Currently, Greek chartering company Valef Yachts allows anyone to charter Christina O. That is, anyone who can afford it.
According to CNN Travel, the ship costs around 560,000 euros ($636,000) per week during the low season, but can hike up to 700,000 euros ($795,000) during the peak season. That doesn’t even include the astounding $27,000 security deposit and the APA (Advanced Provisioning Account) fee.
The good news is that Christina O provides nothing short of an absolute luxury experience. She can accommodate 34 guests and is well-equipped. The yacht has a salt-water pool on the main deck that converts to a dance floor, a library, a massage and beauty salon, a fitness center, a music lounge and a gorgeous dining room. Not to mention, enough space to accommodate the masses.
The yacht also provides equipment for more adventuring, like smaller boats that seat two or less, an inflatable Toboggan Aquaglide with a 6.5-meter slide, two inflatable Ringo tubes, a banana boat and water sports equipment.
It’s pretty hard to go wrong on a 99-meter yacht. Even if it’s probably unattainable, it sure is nice to fantasize.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Valef Yachts.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees