Register Now for Double Points on Upcoming Marriott Bonvoy Stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s fitting: On the day that a swath of properties moved up a category within Marriott’s new Bonvoy loyalty program, we have the first announced promotion. And given that some of Marriott’s properties now cost an eye-watering 85,000 points per night, you’re going to need all the bonus points you can get.
Members will earn double points on stays between March 19 and June 4, 2019, beginning with their second stays. Registration is required by May 12, 2019, to participate in this promotion. Several TPG editors have found that the registration link either won’t allow them to register or surfaces an error after registration. If you see an error, push forward and check the “Your Promotions” section within your Bonvoy profile — you should see the Double Take promo listed there.
We’ve reached out to Marriott regarding the wonkiness, though we aren’t too surprised to see glitches. With so many category changes taking effect, not to mention leftover IT gremlins from the merger with SPG, you may have to battle the website for a bit to make your registration stick.
All Marriott Bonvoy members earn 10 points per dollar on their entire hotel folio (including room rates and incidental charges like dining or spa visits), with elite bonus multipliers going as high as 17.5x for Titanium Elites. The double points in this promotion only apply to base points, meaning all members will earn 20x points plus any elite bonus multipliers. For example, a Titanium elite would earn 20x points + 7.5x elite bonus points, for a grand total of 27.5x. If you’re staying at a Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites or Element hotel the base earning rate is only 5x. With the Double Take promotion this gets doubled to 10x at those properties before adding in any elite bonuses.
Of course, you can stack this quarterly promotion with any of the other, ongoing Bonvoy deals going on right now. New Bonvoy members who sign up through a dedicated link can earn one free night certificate worth up to 25,000 points after two paid stays.
Or, if you recently signed up for one of the 100,000 point Bonvoy credit card welcome offers (which are still available), you could use this promo to help you reach your minimum spending requirement faster. Bonvoy credit cards all earn 6x points on Marriott purchases, helping you rack up those points even quicker.
Featured image of Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa Nai Yang by Eric Rosen / The Points Guy.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee