Register Now for Double Points on Upcoming Marriott Bonvoy Stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s fitting: On the day that a swath of properties moved up a category within Marriott’s new Bonvoy loyalty program, we have the first announced promotion. And given that some of Marriott’s properties now cost an eye-watering 85,000 points per night, you’re going to need all the bonus points you can get.
Members will earn double points on stays between March 19 and June 4, 2019, beginning with their second stays. Registration is required by May 12, 2019, to participate in this promotion. Several TPG editors have found that the registration link either won’t allow them to register or surfaces an error after registration. If you see an error, push forward and check the “Your Promotions” section within your Bonvoy profile — you should see the Double Take promo listed there.
We’ve reached out to Marriott regarding the wonkiness, though we aren’t too surprised to see glitches. With so many category changes taking effect, not to mention leftover IT gremlins from the merger with SPG, you may have to battle the website for a bit to make your registration stick.
All Marriott Bonvoy members earn 10 points per dollar on their entire hotel folio (including room rates and incidental charges like dining or spa visits), with elite bonus multipliers going as high as 17.5x for Titanium Elites. The double points in this promotion only apply to base points, meaning all members will earn 20x points plus any elite bonus multipliers. For example, a Titanium elite would earn 20x points + 7.5x elite bonus points, for a grand total of 27.5x. If you’re staying at a Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites or Element hotel the base earning rate is only 5x. With the Double Take promotion this gets doubled to 10x at those properties before adding in any elite bonuses.
Of course, you can stack this quarterly promotion with any of the other, ongoing Bonvoy deals going on right now. New Bonvoy members who sign up through a dedicated link can earn one free night certificate worth up to 25,000 points after two paid stays.
Or, if you recently signed up for one of the 100,000 point Bonvoy credit card welcome offers (which are still available), you could use this promo to help you reach your minimum spending requirement faster. Bonvoy credit cards all earn 6x points on Marriott purchases, helping you rack up those points even quicker.
Featured image of Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa Nai Yang by Eric Rosen / The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.