Register Now For 5% Cash Back on Gas Stations, Uber and Lyft With Discover
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
This page includes information about Discover cards that is not currently available on The Points Guy and may be out of date.
One of the best reasons to keep a Discover it Cash Back card in your wallet is its rotating quarterly cash back bonus calendar. There’s no annual fee to hold the card, and the bonus categories tend to be ones that people actually use.
Discover card members can register now to earn 5% cash back at gas stations, Uber and Lyft, in a promotion that runs from April 1 to June 30, 2019 (enrollment required). The 5% bonus applies to your first $1,500 in purchases across the three categories. Purchases made at gas stations affiliated with supermarkets and supercenters may not be eligible. Purchases made through Uber Eats don’t qualify, and purchases of Uber and Lyft gift cards may not be eligible. The card also offers 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Purchases made using tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology will not be eligible if the technology does not provide sufficient transaction details for rewards qualification.
Rewards will be added to your account within two billing periods.
This card is similar to the popular Chase Freedom (No longer open to new applicants) in that it earns 5% back on your first $1,500 in purchases at rotating quarterly categories (upon enrollment). You still have time to register for this quarter’s bonus category (grocery stores), and you can look forward to earning 5% back on restaurants between July and September, then on Amazon.com between October and December.
If you’re new to the world of Discover, be sure to check out our ultimate guide to Discover cards.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees