Register Now For 5% Cash Back on Gas Stations, Uber and Lyft With Discover
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
This page includes information about Discover cards that is not currently available on The Points Guy and may be out of date.
One of the best reasons to keep a Discover it Cash Back card in your wallet is its rotating quarterly cash back bonus calendar. There’s no annual fee to hold the card, and the bonus categories tend to be ones that people actually use.
Discover card members can register now to earn 5% cash back at gas stations, Uber and Lyft, in a promotion that runs from April 1 to June 30, 2019 (enrollment required). The 5% bonus applies to your first $1,500 in purchases across the three categories. Purchases made at gas stations affiliated with supermarkets and supercenters may not be eligible. Purchases made through Uber Eats don’t qualify, and purchases of Uber and Lyft gift cards may not be eligible. The card also offers 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Purchases made using tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology will not be eligible if the technology does not provide sufficient transaction details for rewards qualification.
Rewards will be added to your account within two billing periods.
This card is similar to the popular Chase Freedom (No longer open to new applicants) in that it earns 5% back on your first $1,500 in purchases at rotating quarterly categories (upon enrollment). You still have time to register for this quarter’s bonus category (grocery stores), and you can look forward to earning 5% back on restaurants between July and September, then on Amazon.com between October and December.
If you’re new to the world of Discover, be sure to check out our ultimate guide to Discover cards.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.