This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the best reasons to keep a Discover it® Cash Back card in your wallet is its rotating quarterly cash back bonus calendar. There’s no annual fee to hold the card, and the bonus categories tend to be ones that people actually use.
Discover card members can register now to earn 5% cash back at gas stations, Uber and Lyft, in a promotion that runs from April 1 to June 30, 2019 (enrollment required). The 5% bonus applies to your first $1,500 in purchases across the three categories. Purchases made at gas stations affiliated with supermarkets and supercenters may not be eligible. Purchases made through Uber Eats don’t qualify, and purchases of Uber and Lyft gift cards may not be eligible. The card also offers 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Purchases made using tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology will not be eligible if the technology does not provide sufficient transaction details for rewards qualification.
Rewards will be added to your account within two billing periods.
This card is similar to the popular Chase Freedom in that it earns 5% back on your first $1,500 in purchases at rotating quarterly categories (upon enrollment). You still have time to register for this quarter’s bonus category (grocery stores), and you can look forward to earning 5% back on restaurants between July and September, then on Amazon.com between October and December.
If you’re new to the world of Discover, be sure to check out our ultimate guide to Discover cards.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees