Register Now For 5% Cash Back on Gas Stations, Uber and Lyft With Discover
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the best reasons to keep a Discover it® Cash Back card in your wallet is its rotating quarterly cash back bonus calendar. There’s no annual fee to hold the card, and the bonus categories tend to be ones that people actually use.
Discover card members can register now to earn 5% cash back at gas stations, Uber and Lyft, in a promotion that runs from April 1 to June 30, 2019 (enrollment required). The 5% bonus applies to your first $1,500 in purchases across the three categories. Purchases made at gas stations affiliated with supermarkets and supercenters may not be eligible. Purchases made through Uber Eats don’t qualify, and purchases of Uber and Lyft gift cards may not be eligible. The card also offers 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Purchases made using tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology will not be eligible if the technology does not provide sufficient transaction details for rewards qualification.
Rewards will be added to your account within two billing periods.
This card is similar to the popular Chase Freedom in that it earns 5% back on your first $1,500 in purchases at rotating quarterly categories (upon enrollment). You still have time to register for this quarter’s bonus category (grocery stores), and you can look forward to earning 5% back on restaurants between July and September, then on Amazon.com between October and December.
If you’re new to the world of Discover, be sure to check out our ultimate guide to Discover cards.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.