Register for these benefits with the Chase Sapphire Reserve
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve is a TPG favorite and one of the single best travel cards on the market. It earns flexible Chase Ultimate Rewards points, which TPG values at 2 cents each. It also confers best-in-class travel protections, which is a big reason many of us open a travel card in the first place.
The card comes with a laundry list of batteries-included benefits that are ready to use right out of the box. But some of its most valuable perks (worth over $750 if you use them all) require you to enroll in one way or another before they work for you. Here are the Chase Sapphire Reserve benefits you should register for.
New to The Points Guy? Want to learn more about credit card points and miles? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
Introduction to the Chase Sapphire Reserve
Here’s what you need to know about the Chase Sapphire Reserve:
- 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after spending $4,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening (worth $1,200, per TPG valuations).
- $300 travel statement credit per cardmember year.
- 10 points per dollar on Chase Dining booked through Ultimate Rewards.
- 10 points per dollar on hotel and car rental purchases through the Ultimate Rewards travel portal (after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually).
- 10 points per dollar on Lyft rides (through March 2022).
- 5 points per dollar on airline travel booked through the Ultimate Rewards travel portal (after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually).
- 3 points per dollar on other travel and dining.
- 1 point per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
- Top-tier trip delay reimbursement and baggage delay insurance.
Again, some of the card’s greatest benefits aren’t automatic; you’ll have to enroll your card to get them. Let’s take a look.
Priority Pass airport lounge access
The Chase Sapphire Reserve offers complimentary Priority Pass Select membership, which gives you access to over 1,300 airport lounges around the world. You can also receive up to $56 off your bill at participating Priority Pass restaurants. Even authorized users of the card will receive a full-fledged Priority Pass Select membership (though it does cost $75 to add an authorized user).
You can register for Priority Pass by heading to the Ultimate Rewards travel portal. You’ll find an “activate now” button under your card benefits page. You can read our post on enrolling your card in Priority Pass for step-by-step instructions.
Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
- TSA PreCheck membership means you won’t have to take your shoes and belt off at TSA security checkpoints where there is a PreCheck line. You can also keep your laptop and small toiletries in your carry-on.
- Global Entry allows you to skip the immigration line when returning to the U.S. It also comes with TSA PreCheck, so it’s the better option if you can get it.
This benefit renews every four years. You can also use the credit to cover the application fee for a friend.
Holding the Chase Sapphire Reserve doesn’t mean you’re instantly a member of these programs. You’ll simply get the application fee reimbursed when you pay for it with your Sapphire Reserve ($85 for TSA PreCheck, $100 for Global Entry). So while it’s not exactly a benefit you have to register for with the card, you do have to enroll in one of these programs and make sure you use your card to pay.
Read our post on the top credit cards for Global Entry and TSA PreCheck for more details.
Related: Chase Sapphire Reserve review
Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders can register for complimentary Lyft Pink membership before Mar. 31, 2022.
Lyft Pink regularly costs $19.99 per month and comes with the following benefits:
- 15% savings on all car rides.
- Priority airport pickups.
- Relaxed cancellation fees.
- Three free 30-minute bike/scooter rides per month (in select markets).
- Waived lost and found fees.
- Surprise offers.
To register for Lyft Pink, simply add your Chase Sapphire Reserve as a payment method in your Lyft app. You’ll then be asked to begin your free membership. Lyft Pink normally costs $19.99 per month, so this is a great deal if you spend a lot of time in big cities.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve receives the following DoorDash benefit:
- A minimum of one free year of DashPass (register by March 31, 2022).
By adding your Sapphire Reserve as a payment method with DoorDash, you’ll be prompted to begin your free DashPass account. Normally $9.99 per month, it comes with free delivery and reduced service fees on all orders over $12.
There are a handful of Chase Sapphire Reserve benefits that you’ll need to register for when you receive your card. If you don’t, you’re leaving over $750 on the table. These benefits are some of the most compelling reasons to open the card:
- Priority Pass membership ($429-plus per year).
- Lyft Pink membership ($239 per year).
- DoorDash DashPass membership ($119 per year).
Read our post on the battle of premium credit cards to see how these benefits stack up against other travel rewards heavy-hitters. And read our full Chase Sapphire Reserve review to learn everything you need to know about the card.
Featured photo by Wyatt Smith/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees