This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Summer means more than vacation and hot days — it also means summer concerts. And Hilton has launched an interesting new way to redeem Honors points for tickets to hear some music or comedy. Called Lawn Days, Hilton’s new program introduces the option to use points for tickets to a series of summer concerts.
Similar to SPG and Marriott Moments, Lawn Days is another option to redeem points outside of traditional hotel award nights. The surprising part is that these redemptions are actually pretty solid, and can help you get significantly more value from Hilton points than an average redemption.
For 10,000 Hilton points, you’ll get a pair of tickets to a concert or comedy show of your choice. Artists include Rod Stewart, Styx, Kevin Hart, Thirty Seconds to Mars, 3 Doors Down, Charlie Puth, Foreigner, Paramore and more. Seats at these concerts are generally on the lawn, so make sure you bring a blanket or folding chair. Concerts are held from June through October in areas around the country. You can check here to see what concerts are available in your area.
TPG values Hilton Honors points at 0.6 cents apiece, which is pretty low as far as most points and miles currencies go. But if you do decide to use Honors points for a Lawn Days package, you can potentially get nearly 1 cent per point in value. For instance, two lawn seats to Kevin Hart at the BB&T Pavilion in Camden, New Jersey, are selling for $37.25 each, plus $16.75 in fees. That’s $108 total for the two tickets. Using 10,000 Honors points to cover the cost means you’re getting nearly 1.1 cent per point, a significantly higher than average redemption.
This could also be a good way to offload Hilton points if your account balance is low. But if you’re interested, you’ll want to act quickly, as there are a limited number of packages remaining for each event.
If you’re interested in earning more Honors points, Amex recently launched four new Hilton co-branded cards, three of which currently have elevated sign-up bonuses:
- Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express — Earn a 100,000 point bonus after spending $4,000 in three months.
- Hilton Honors American Express Card — Earn a 50,000 point welcome bonus after spending $1,000 in three months.
- Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card — Earn 100,000 point welcome bonus after spending $2,000 in three months
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card — Earn 100,000 point welcome bonus after spending $3,000 in three months.
Hilton also offers auctions to other concerts and experiences outside of Lawn Days through Honors experiences, although these might not get you the most value for your points. Points & Money rewards and the fifth night free perk on award stays can help you maximize Hilton Honors points.
Featured image by Jena Ardell / Getty Images.
- Earn 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $4,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, enjoy a free Weekend Night Reward within your first year and every year after renewal.
- Earn 14X Hilton Bonus Points when you make eligible purchases on your Card at participating hotels or resorts within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Earn 7X Hilton Honors Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your card at U.S. Supermarkets, U.S. Gas Stations, Eligible Airfare, Eligible Car Rentals, and U.S. Restaurants.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- Enjoy up to $250 in Hilton Resort Credits on your Card each anniversary year, when you stay at participating resorts within the Hilton portfolio.
- Enjoy complimentary Diamond status with your Hilton Honors Aspire Card.
- $450 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees