Readers Decide: Where Should the TPG Staff Race Next?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here at TPG, we have the incredibly difficult task of trying out a wide variety of transportation methods, so you can decide the best way for you to travel the world. Now, we want to know what two destinations you, our TPG readers, would like us to race next. If you haven’t already read about our prior races, we’ll help you understand what we’re talking about.
In early May, we picked one of the most heavily trafficked routes in the Northeast Corridor, and raced from Central Park in New York City to the White House in Washington, DC. Five TPG staffers made the trek, each with a different method of transportation: Amtrak Acela, Amtrak regional train, the American Airlines shuttle from La Guardia to Reagan National, a Delta shuttle flight on the same route and even a Megabus. (Spoiler: the Megabus did not win.) Each mode had its pros and cons, and after you read the story, we hope it’s easier for you to decide which method of transit is best for you.
It wouldn’t be a New York summer without a weekend in the Hamptons, so once again, we sent five TPG staffers on a race, from Manhattan’s Union Square to a house in East Hampton. We drove a Turo car-share, hopped on the Long Island Rail Road’s express Cannonball train, flew on BLADE’s nonstop helicopter service and rode the iconic Hampton Jitney and Hampton Luxury Liner buses. Once again, each mode varied in price, time and amenities.
TPG readers have been asking which routes we’re doing next. We’d like to flip that question around to you. We want to hear from you, our readers, about this.
So, where should we race next? Let us know in the comments below. We’ve listed some routes we’ve been considering, but if you’re passionate about another route, write it in the comments below. We’re ready to race!
- NYC to Boston
- Manhattan to JFK
- LA to San Diego
- Boston to Nantucket
- Chicago to Detroit
- Seattle to Vancouver
- Miami to Orlando
Featured image by The Points Guy staff.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.