Readers Decide: Where Should the TPG Staff Race Next?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here at TPG, we have the incredibly difficult task of trying out a wide variety of transportation methods, so you can decide the best way for you to travel the world. Now, we want to know what two destinations you, our TPG readers, would like us to race next. If you haven’t already read about our prior races, we’ll help you understand what we’re talking about.
In early May, we picked one of the most heavily trafficked routes in the Northeast Corridor, and raced from Central Park in New York City to the White House in Washington, DC. Five TPG staffers made the trek, each with a different method of transportation: Amtrak Acela, Amtrak regional train, the American Airlines shuttle from La Guardia to Reagan National, a Delta shuttle flight on the same route and even a Megabus. (Spoiler: the Megabus did not win.) Each mode had its pros and cons, and after you read the story, we hope it’s easier for you to decide which method of transit is best for you.
It wouldn’t be a New York summer without a weekend in the Hamptons, so once again, we sent five TPG staffers on a race, from Manhattan’s Union Square to a house in East Hampton. We drove a Turo car-share, hopped on the Long Island Rail Road’s express Cannonball train, flew on BLADE’s nonstop helicopter service and rode the iconic Hampton Jitney and Hampton Luxury Liner buses. Once again, each mode varied in price, time and amenities.
TPG readers have been asking which routes we’re doing next. We’d like to flip that question around to you. We want to hear from you, our readers, about this.
So, where should we race next? Let us know in the comments below. We’ve listed some routes we’ve been considering, but if you’re passionate about another route, write it in the comments below. We’re ready to race!
- NYC to Boston
- Manhattan to JFK
- LA to San Diego
- Boston to Nantucket
- Chicago to Detroit
- Seattle to Vancouver
- Miami to Orlando
Featured image by The Points Guy staff.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees