Rakuten offering 3x cash back, Amex points for Memorial Day at select stores
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Online shopping portal Rakuten has a Memorial Day promotion offering 3X normal cash back rates or Amex points at participating retailers.
Heading to your favorite retailer’s website without first checking online portal earnings and bonuses is equivalent to leaving money on the table. With this weekend’s promo, now could be a good time to go ahead and purchase anything on the pending list.
The promotion runs from today through Monday and features 43 retailers on the sale page. Stores are offering 3% – 15% cash back (or 3x – 15x Amex points). Retailers catching my eye for a good deal include:
- Under Armour at 9%
- Dell at 10% (stack with Amex offer, Amex Biz Platinum Dell credit and Dell Rewards)
- Coach Outlet at 8%
- Dyson at 6%
- Nike at 6%
- Brooks Brothers at 9% (stack with current onsite sale of 30% off any order)
- Samsung at 10%
Last year, Rakuten added the ability to earn American Express Membership Rewards instead of cash back which has proved lucrative as TPG values Amex points at 2 cents each, effectively doubling the cash back rate Rakuten offers.
Rakuten is an online shopping portal that used to go under the name Ebates. It partners with over 2,500 online retailers, from well-known brands like Target and Home Depot to smaller merchants like Glossybox.com. You must start at Rakuten.com and click to the merchant through that site; you can’t go directly to the retailer’s website unless you download the Google Chrome plug-in.
Earlier this month Rakuten offered a $30 referral bonus for signing up and spending $30. The site routinely has promotions and bonuses that make it easy to rack up cash or Amex points on purchases you were already going to make.
Featured image by Bloemenmarkt / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.