Queen of the Seas? Boeing 747 Dive Site Will Open in August
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The so-called “underwater theme park” Dive Bahrain is one step closer to opening in August.
The company behind the dive site has been posting photos and videos on Instagram this week showing its centerpiece Boeing 747 being towed to a new, watery home on the floor of the Persian Gulf.
According to Dive Bahrain, it’s the first time a 747 will be part of an artificial reef.
The dive site, which was first announced in January, will be part of a park that also houses a replica of a traditional Bahraini pearl merchant’s house, artificial coral reefs and sculptures made from eco-friendly materials. You read more about the effort in TPG’s January coverage or check out the company’s website.
Featured photo courtesy of Bahrain Tourism and Exhibitions Authority.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.