This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways is an official sponsor of Formula E. So, in honor of the race coming back to Brooklyn, the carrier is celebrating with New Yorkers and those visiting the city.
This Thursday, July 12, Qatar Airways is organizing a scavenger hunt in New York City with chances to win big — like two round-trip economy tickets to any of Qatar’s destinations big. All you’ll need is your phone and your noggin.
In order to participate, download the CityHunt official app and meet at the Rockefeller Plaza flags, which is where Qatar Airways representatives will be waiting for you. The scavenger hunt will take place between Rockefeller Plaza and Times Square, and you can play any time between 1:00pm and 5:00pm on July 12.
New Yorkers — and those visiting the city on July 12 — can participate as individuals or in teams. There’s no limit on the number of people on each team, but remember that Qatar will only award two complimentary tickets to the winning team.
According to Qatar, “the app will test you with picture/video activities, brain teasers and more,” but other than that, we don’t know much about the scavenger hunt. We can assume, though, that it’ll be helpful to have your phone battery charged and have your “go fast” shoes on. You might even see some people from the TPG team competing, so good luck! You’ll probably need it.
Featured image by Miguel Candela/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards