Qatar Qsuite Launching on Its Longest Route: Doha-Auckland
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been drooling over Qatar’s Qsuite since the product first debuted in 2017, we get it. Whether it’s between Hong Kong (HKG) and Doha (DOH), or between Doha and London (LHR), travelers consistently rave about the top-notch product, from service to seat. And if you can’t get enough of the experience, you’ll be pleased to know that the Middle East carrier is launching Qsuite on the longest route it flies, between Doha and Auckland (AKL).
At 9,074 miles one-way, this route is the second-longest in the world, just behind Singapore’s 9,535-mile SQ21 from Singapore (SIN) to Newark (EWR). According to One Mile at a Time, Qsuite will be available every other day beginning May 15 (here’s how to check), and daily beginning May 31.
QR920 departs Doha at 2:35am and arrives in Auckland at 4:05 am
QR921 departs Auckland at 2:25pm and arrives in Doha at 11:15 pm
TPG‘s Emily McNutt flew the DOH to AKL route in Qatar’s economy product last year. Even flying more than 9,000 miles in coach, she says that she “discovered a world of comfort in the rear of the aircraft. Like way, way back, in the depths of the economy cabin.”
Qatar’s Qsuite won the TPG Awards category for Best International Business Class with incredibly private suites that are beautifully designed. Alongside of the hard product comes top-notch service, a premium food and beverage program and hotel-quality bedding. The inflight entertainment also leaves very little to be desired.
If you’d like to experience this product for yourself, check out our Ultimate Guide to Qatar Qsuite here and learn how to book one with points and miles. Not sure if your upcoming trip features Qsuite? Here’s how to find out.
Featured photo by The Points Guy staff.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.