This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been drooling over Qatar’s Qsuite since the product first debuted in 2017, we get it. Whether it’s between Hong Kong (HKG) and Doha (DOH), or between Doha and London (LHR), travelers consistently rave about the top-notch product, from service to seat. And if you can’t get enough of the experience, you’ll be pleased to know that the Middle East carrier is launching Qsuite on the longest route it flies, between Doha and Auckland (AKL).
At 9,074 miles one-way, this route is the second-longest in the world, just behind Singapore’s 9,535-mile SQ21 from Singapore (SIN) to Newark (EWR). According to One Mile at a Time, Qsuite will be available every other day beginning May 15 (here’s how to check), and daily beginning May 31.
QR920 departs Doha at 2:35am and arrives in Auckland at 4:05 am
QR921 departs Auckland at 2:25pm and arrives in Doha at 11:15 pm
TPG‘s Emily McNutt flew the DOH to AKL route in Qatar’s economy product last year. Even flying more than 9,000 miles in coach, she says that she “discovered a world of comfort in the rear of the aircraft. Like way, way back, in the depths of the economy cabin.”
Qatar’s Qsuite won the TPG Awards category for Best International Business Class with incredibly private suites that are beautifully designed. Alongside of the hard product comes top-notch service, a premium food and beverage program and hotel-quality bedding. The inflight entertainment also leaves very little to be desired.
If you’d like to experience this product for yourself, check out our Ultimate Guide to Qatar Qsuite here and learn how to book one with points and miles. Not sure if your upcoming trip features Qsuite? Here’s how to find out.
Featured photo by The Points Guy staff.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees