This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways is bringing its incredibly popular Qsuite business class seat to another sector of its fleet.
Seatmaps show that the airline is set to introduce Qsuite on its 777-200LR next month. Starting June 2, Qatar will start flying its first Qsuite-equipped 777-200LR between Doha (DOH) and Houston (IAH).
Since there’s only one 777-200LR with the Qsuite cabin, the aircraft will operate every other day. On the opposite days the route will be serviced by a 777-300ER with Qatar’s old business class.
Qatar has been retrofitting its fleet, mainly its 777-300ERs, and the 777-200LRs are the next group to get the new and improved business class. The airline currently operates nine passenger 777-200LRs. You can find Qsuite on all A350-1000s and on select 777-300ERs and A350-900s.
Unfortunately there is some bad news: Qatar will be following the trend of other airlines to go 10-across in economy. It already announced it’d be retrofitting the 777-300ERs to feature a 3-4-3 configuration, and it’s doing the same with its 777-200LRs.
TPG Editor-at-Large Zach Honig says Qatar’s Qsuite is the best business class product in the world — and yes, Qsuite is bookable with miles. You can book flights from the US to Doha for 70,000 American miles one-way. Right now, the CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard is offering a 70,000 mile bonus after spending $4,000 in the first four months, just enough to get you a spot in the Qsuite cabin.
TPG reached out to Qatar but did not receive comment by the time of publication.
Featured image by Zach Honig.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees