This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qantas Points+ aren’t the easiest the earn, and while you can transfer Citi ThankYou Points, we don’t typically recommend doing so. That said, a 25% discount on Economy Classic Flight Rewards definitely makes it worth considering. If you’re planning a trip Down Under, or if you’ve been looking for an ideal time to dust off your unused Qantas Points+, the carrier’s latest sale is worth ogling.
For five days only, you’ll save 25% on the Qantas Points+ required for Economy Classic Flight Rewards worldwide on Qantas-, Jetstar- and Emirates-operated flights with a ‘QF,’ ‘JQ’ or ‘EK’ flight number. To take advantage, you’ll need to book an Economy Classic Flight Reward between 10:00am (AEST) on Sept. 24, 2018, and 11:59pm (AEST) on Sept. 28, 2018, on flights operated by Qantas, Jetstar or Emirates. Your travel must occur between Oct. 14, 2018, and Aug. 29, 2019, on Qantas and Emirates or between Oct. 14, 2018, and June 20, 2019, on Jetstar.
One of the best uses of Qantas Points+ is to land flights on partners that aren’t flown by anyone else. For instance, Jetstar’s Melbourne (MEL) to Honolulu (HNL) route typically demands 28,000 points one-way in economy, but during the sale, it’ll set you back just 21,600.
If you’re wondering what exactly you’re getting into when flying Qantas in coach, we’ve got you covered: News Editor Emily McNutt reviewed the Economy experience on Qantas from San Francisco to Sydney.
If you’ve got excess Qantas Points+ to burn, where do you plan on using them?
Featured image courtesy of Qantas.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards