This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qantas Points+ aren’t the easiest the earn, and while you can transfer Citi ThankYou Points, we don’t typically recommend doing so. That said, a 25% discount on Economy Classic Flight Rewards definitely makes it worth considering. If you’re planning a trip Down Under, or if you’ve been looking for an ideal time to dust off your unused Qantas Points+, the carrier’s latest sale is worth ogling.
For five days only, you’ll save 25% on the Qantas Points+ required for Economy Classic Flight Rewards worldwide on Qantas-, Jetstar- and Emirates-operated flights with a ‘QF,’ ‘JQ’ or ‘EK’ flight number. To take advantage, you’ll need to book an Economy Classic Flight Reward between 10:00am (AEST) on Sept. 24, 2018, and 11:59pm (AEST) on Sept. 28, 2018, on flights operated by Qantas, Jetstar or Emirates. Your travel must occur between Oct. 14, 2018, and Aug. 29, 2019, on Qantas and Emirates or between Oct. 14, 2018, and June 20, 2019, on Jetstar.
One of the best uses of Qantas Points+ is to land flights on partners that aren’t flown by anyone else. For instance, Jetstar’s Melbourne (MEL) to Honolulu (HNL) route typically demands 28,000 points one-way in economy, but during the sale, it’ll set you back just 21,600.
If you’re wondering what exactly you’re getting into when flying Qantas in coach, we’ve got you covered: News Editor Emily McNutt reviewed the Economy experience on Qantas from San Francisco to Sydney.
If you’ve got excess Qantas Points+ to burn, where do you plan on using them?
Featured image courtesy of Qantas.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees