Now’s Your Chance to Redeem Qantas Points+ at 25% Off
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qantas Points+ aren’t the easiest the earn, and while you can transfer Citi ThankYou Points, we don’t typically recommend doing so. That said, a 25% discount on Economy Classic Flight Rewards definitely makes it worth considering. If you’re planning a trip Down Under, or if you’ve been looking for an ideal time to dust off your unused Qantas Points+, the carrier’s latest sale is worth ogling.
For five days only, you’ll save 25% on the Qantas Points+ required for Economy Classic Flight Rewards worldwide on Qantas-, Jetstar- and Emirates-operated flights with a ‘QF,’ ‘JQ’ or ‘EK’ flight number. To take advantage, you’ll need to book an Economy Classic Flight Reward between 10:00am (AEST) on Sept. 24, 2018, and 11:59pm (AEST) on Sept. 28, 2018, on flights operated by Qantas, Jetstar or Emirates. Your travel must occur between Oct. 14, 2018, and Aug. 29, 2019, on Qantas and Emirates or between Oct. 14, 2018, and June 20, 2019, on Jetstar.
One of the best uses of Qantas Points+ is to land flights on partners that aren’t flown by anyone else. For instance, Jetstar’s Melbourne (MEL) to Honolulu (HNL) route typically demands 28,000 points one-way in economy, but during the sale, it’ll set you back just 21,600.
If you’re wondering what exactly you’re getting into when flying Qantas in coach, we’ve got you covered: News Editor Emily McNutt reviewed the Economy experience on Qantas from San Francisco to Sydney.
If you’ve got excess Qantas Points+ to burn, where do you plan on using them?
Featured image courtesy of Qantas.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees