Now’s Your Chance to Redeem Qantas Points+ at 25% Off
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qantas Points+ aren’t the easiest the earn, and while you can transfer Citi ThankYou Points, we don’t typically recommend doing so. That said, a 25% discount on Economy Classic Flight Rewards definitely makes it worth considering. If you’re planning a trip Down Under, or if you’ve been looking for an ideal time to dust off your unused Qantas Points+, the carrier’s latest sale is worth ogling.
For five days only, you’ll save 25% on the Qantas Points+ required for Economy Classic Flight Rewards worldwide on Qantas-, Jetstar- and Emirates-operated flights with a ‘QF,’ ‘JQ’ or ‘EK’ flight number. To take advantage, you’ll need to book an Economy Classic Flight Reward between 10:00am (AEST) on Sept. 24, 2018, and 11:59pm (AEST) on Sept. 28, 2018, on flights operated by Qantas, Jetstar or Emirates. Your travel must occur between Oct. 14, 2018, and Aug. 29, 2019, on Qantas and Emirates or between Oct. 14, 2018, and June 20, 2019, on Jetstar.
One of the best uses of Qantas Points+ is to land flights on partners that aren’t flown by anyone else. For instance, Jetstar’s Melbourne (MEL) to Honolulu (HNL) route typically demands 28,000 points one-way in economy, but during the sale, it’ll set you back just 21,600.
If you’re wondering what exactly you’re getting into when flying Qantas in coach, we’ve got you covered: News Editor Emily McNutt reviewed the Economy experience on Qantas from San Francisco to Sydney.
If you’ve got excess Qantas Points+ to burn, where do you plan on using them?
Featured image courtesy of Qantas.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.