Ultra-exclusive lounge and chauffeur service coming soon to ATL
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The world’s busiest airport is about to become the newest home to one of the more luxurious options out there for travelers waiting to catch a flight. Remember that semi-secret lounge away from the main terminal at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)? Well, the same concept is now coming to Atlanta.
PS, formerly known as The Private Suite, offers an exclusive lounge and chauffeur service at LAX and is bringing its services to Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL) in a move officials say will give ATL travelers “a private respite away from the bustle of the airport.”
As TPG saw when we checked out the PS Los Angeles facilities last fall, the experience is an oasis for celebrities and those willing to pay for a quieter, more luxurious airport experience that gives travelers far more solace than anything found in even the nicest airport lounges.
PS members can get a private security screening, and wait for their flight in comfort and privacy while enjoying a restaurant-quality meal and drink. Then a car will escort them to their plane. Travelers can enjoy the same treatment after landing, too, which comes in handy when coming from an international flight and getting private customs treatment.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
While a comprehensive list of amenities and pricing for the new Atlanta location has not yet been revealed, what we do know about it sounds a lot like the offerings in LA. PS ATL will include lounge space, chauffeured transportation to and from the aircraft, private TSA and customs screening, and a vast menu of cocktails and chef-prepared meals.
Like the PS location in California, travelers taking advantage of this upscale airport experience won’t report to the main terminal for their flight. The new PS location will be housed in a building near the Atlanta terminal belonging to Signature Aviation, the world’s largest private aviation terminal operator.
“The city of Atlanta is one of the few places where a PS terminal will be a perfect fit,” PS co-CEO Joshua Gausman said in a statement last week.
PS Los Angeles offers a variety of packages and services. Perhaps its most iconic option is its Private Suite, where travelers can wait for their flight with a true sense of privacy while being attended to by a full complement of dedicated staff members. When it’s time to fly, you get a private chauffeur to the plane. At LAX, these packages start at $3,450 for All Access Members.
The least expensive package gives travelers access to The Salon, which is a shared lounge space. As TPG’s Benji Stawski found out, the food and decor more closely resemble that of a fine restaurant than an airport lounge, and while there may be a handful of other travelers there, you’re certainly not going to have to hunt around for a place to sit.
You’ll share a ride up to the aircraft with other members in the lounge. Prices for The Salon at the LAX location start at $695 for All Access Members.
With this luxurious concept now making its way to the East Coast, it is something worth considering for travelers headed into or out of the world’s busiest airports. PS ATL is scheduled to open later this year.
Featured photo by Benji Stawski/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees