Announcing the Winner of Our 500,000-Point Giveaway
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just about two months after we launched our Prizeo campaign to benefit Rainbow Railroad, I’m thrilled to announce both the extreme success of the campaign and the winner of our 500,000-point giveaway.
First, the fantastic news, and a huge thank you to everyone who donated. In total, Rainbow Railroad will receive more than $200,000 from the Prizeo campaign — an incredible amount that I never could have imagined. I’m in awe at your generosity in helping to advance Rainbow Railroad in its mission of saving LGBT lives around the world.
As promised as part of this campaign, one lucky donor would win the grand prize of 500,000 of my own points — 250,000 American Express Membership Rewards and 250,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards. The winner of the campaign is TPG reader Patrick K. — who also picked up a TPG sweatshirt along with his newfound stash of points.
I Skyped with Patrick to let him know about his winning, and his reaction was priceless:
Although our Prizeo campaign has officially ended, our work to support Rainbow Railroad will continue. The organization is doing so much good in the world, and TPG will continue to support it in its effort to save lives. For those not familiar, Rainbow Railroad works to help LGBT people around the world seek asylum because they are in danger of being persecuted for being who they are. Sadly, there are still places around the world that sentence LGBT people to death or imprisonment for being themselves. It’s devastating to hear, but unfortunately, it’s still very much a reality. You can find out more about Rainbow Railroad and donate here.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you once again for your generosity. It’s incredibly moving to see the work for good this community can do — and even earn some points and miles along the way!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.