This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been just more than one month since TPG kicked off our Prizeo sweepstakes in support of Rainbow Railroad. We’re thrilled to report that collectively, TPG readers have made more than 7,500 unique donations to support the life-saving work that Rainbow Railroad is doing around the world. But our work isn’t done, and the opportunity is still available for you to earn 500,000 points — a mixture of Chase Ultimate Rewards and American Express Membership Rewards — to use however you want.
For every donation of at least $10, you’ll be entered to win 500,000 points. Plus, we’ve added some awesome rewards that you can unlock just by donating, such as the limited edition Jetlagged AF t-shirt, which you can’t even buy in the TPG Shop. Some other amazing rewards remain available, such as a ticket to see TPG himself speak at 92Y in NYC, a spot in a special SoulCycle class in NYC, a 30-minute Skype points and miles strategy session with TPG and more. Plus, with each donation of $10, you’ll get 100 entries for the grand prize.
In case you missed the first announcement, Rainbow Railroad is an organization that TPG has been working with for more than a year, and one that has saved hundreds of lives during that time. For those not familiar, Rainbow Railroad works to help LGBT people around the world seek asylum because they are in danger of being persecuted for being who they are. Sadly, there are still places around the world that sentence LGBT people to death or imprisonment for being themselves. It’s devastating to hear, but unfortunately, it’s still very much a reality. And, even with all of the generosity TPG readers have displayed so far, our work isn’t done.
Through this Prizeo campaign, all donations made are going straight to the organization to help get people out of harm’s way. Plus, one donor will get 500,000 of TPG’s own points to use however you want — he’ll even help plan your dream vacation.
If you want to donate and help make a difference — and have a chance to win 500,000 points — make sure to do it by April 26 at 12:00am PT. From all of us at TPG, thank you for your generosity thus far. We’re excited to see what we can do to continue to help Rainbow Railroad in making a lasting change. Donate today!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees