You can rent a luxurious private igloo at a hotel for less than $300
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s no such thing as “winter blues” when you’re eating and drinking in an igloo.
That is, if the Davenport Grand Hotel in Spokane, Washington, has anything to say about it.
The four-star hotel just opened the transparent-walled igloos and people can’t get enough. The hotel announced it would open the igloos Tuesday evening and already had more than 150 reservations booked by 8 a.m. the next day.
While the igloos are designed for two to four guests comfortably, you can fit up to six people. They all include seating, tables, blankets and speakers that you can plug your phone into.
Packages start at $250. With the “grand igloo package,” you’ll be treated to 90 minutes in the igloo, a $100 bar credit, snacks and appetizers galore and even free parking at the hotel.
The “standard igloo package” also costs $250 and includes a charcuterie board. You can shell out an extra $50 for the premier package, which will also get you yellowfin tuna, poké, wonton crisps and a wild jumbo white Gulf prawn cocktail, in addition to the aforementioned charcuterie board.
If you have more of a sweet tooth, you’ll want to opt for the “celebration package” for $250. You’ll get Davenport’s signature peanut brittle, chocolate-covered strawberries and truffles, Marcona almonds and a glass of Champagne. We’ll drink to that.
No matter which package you choose, you can rent one of these “hot” igloos from 5–10:30 p.m., although you can’t book one back-to-back. You can, however, rent out a few if you have a large party.
You’ll still want to dress warmly — even though the igloos are heated, they’ll only be about five degrees warmer than the air outside. But we have a feeling that with the impressive views of Spokane’s skyline and all of the treats and goodies, the cold will be the last thing on your mind.
View this post on Instagram
Rates at the Davenport Grand Hotel are very reasonable, starting at around $136 per night. Since it’s a Marriott Category 4 hotel, you’ll need 20,000 points for off-peak nights, 25,000 points for standard nights and 30,000 points for peak nights.
If you’re interested in booking it (can’t say we blame you!), you’ll want to use a credit card that gets you extra bonus points at hotels. Our top picks are the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x), American Express® Green Card (3x) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x). Since the hotel is part of Marriott‘s Autograph Collection, you might want to consider using the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card since you’ll get 6x points on eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
The information for the Amex Green Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured image courtesy of the Davenport Grand Hotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees