Priority Pass members will no longer have access to select Plaza Premium lounges as of July
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There are changes coming to the Priority Pass lounge network — and not the good kind.
As of this summer, select Plaza Premium lounges will be out of the Priority Pass network.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips, sign up for our daily newsletter.
“Certain Plaza Premium lounges will be removed from the Priority Pass Programme as of July 1st 2021,” a spokesperson for Collinson, which operates Priority Pass, confirmed to TPG via email. “Due to the recent nature of this change, we are in the process of communicating with our members. We already have alternative lounges in operation for many of the locations and for the remainder we are undergoing sourcing of new partners.”
In terms of which lounges specifically are being removed, we were told only that, “This information will be shared with members once confirmed, closer to the time.” No word on when that time is that members should expect to be notified about the changes.
We first heard rumblings of this over the weekend when a reader tipped us off. But details were lacking and we didn’t get any confirmation until today.
The tipster flagged a Facebook thread in which a Priority Pass member was alerted to the upcoming changes upon checking into the Plaza Premium lounge at Toronto Pearson Airport (YYZ) last week.
Priority Pass currently operates seven Plaza Premium lounges at YYZ, three of which serve international departures and two that serve U.S. transborder flights. Non-Plaza Premium Priority Pass options at YYZ include Bar 120 and Twist by Roger Mooking in Terminal 1, and the Air France-KLM Lounge and The Caplanskys Deli in Terminal 3
The Priority Pass network includes more than 1,300 locations in more than 600 airports in 148 countries — for now at least.
Featured image by Daniel Ross / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.