Skip the lounge and get free food at 29 US restaurants that are part of Priority Pass
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post that is updated as information changes.
A few years ago, Priority Pass augmented its worldwide lounge program by adding restaurants across its network. This change allowed members to enjoy a sit-down dining experience as part of their membership. After all, TPG readers can’t always take advantage of the more far-flung benefits, like the pool at an airport lounge in Punta Cana.
Unfortunately, you don’t get complimentary access to restaurant locations if your Priority Pass membership is through an American Express card. However, Priority Pass memberships provided as a perk by other credit card companies, such as Chase and Citi, continue to offer the restaurant benefit.
The list of U.S. restaurants participating in Priority Pass changes somewhat frequently. For now, there are 29 Priority Pass restaurant lounges at 20 U.S. airports. Most of these offer members a $28 to $30 per guest food and drink credit. But if you’re strategic and are traveling with a companion who also has Priority Pass, you may be able to get more free food every visit.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Where to use the Priority Pass restaurant benefit
Here’s a list of all U.S. airport restaurants that are currently part of the Priority Pass program:
- Boston (BOS): Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar and Grill
- Boston (BOS): Stephanie’s (temporarily closed)
- Cleveland (CLE): Bar Symon
- Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW): Gameway (Terminals B and E) (One drink and two free snacks)
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL): Kafe Kalik
- Houston Intercontinental (IAH): Cadillac Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar
- Houston Intercontinental (IAH): Landry’s Seafood
- Indianapolis (IND): The Fan Zone
- Lexington (LEX): Kentucky Ale Taproom
- Miami (MIA): Corona Beach House
- Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP): PGA MSP Lounge ($15 per guest)
- New York-JFK: Bobby Van’s Steakhouse
- Portland (PDX): Capers Cafe Le Bar
- Portland (PDX): Capers Market
- Portland (PDX): Westward Whiskey
- Providence (PVD): Providence Provisions Kitchen & Bar
- San Francisco (SFO): San Francisco Giants Clubhouse
- San Francisco (SFO): Lark Creek Grill
- San Francisco (SFO): Yankee Pier
- Seattle (SEA): Bambuza
- Seattle (SEA): Trail Head BBQ Bar
- St. Louis (STL): The Pasta House (Terminal 1)
- St. Louis (STL): The Pasta House & Schlafly Beer (Terminal 2)
- Syracuse (SYR): Johnny Rockets
- Tampa (TPA): The Café by Mise en Place
- Tucson (TUS): Barrio Brewery Co.
- Washington-Dulles (IAD): Chef Geoff’s
- Washington-National (DCA): American Tap Room
- Washington-National (DCA): Bracket Room
And here’s a list of Priority Pass restaurants at international airports:
- Brisbane (BNE): Merlo Caffe
- Brisbane (BNE): Coffee Royal
- Brisbane (BNE): Corretto Cafe & Bar
- Brisbane (BNE): Graze Grill & Bar
- Buenos Aires (EZE): Outback Steakhouse (temporarily closed)
- Canberra (CBR): Capital Brewing Co Taphouse
- Canberra (CBR): City Hill Coffee
- Canberra (CBR): Noodles XO
- Chandigarh (IXC): Cram Bar (Domestic Terminal and International Terminal)
- Coimbatore (CJB): BlackBerry Restaurant & Bar
- Gold Coast (OOL): Coffee & Co
- Guangzhou (CAN): Pacific Coffee
- Guangzhou (CAN): Perch Coffee Restaurant
- Guangzhou (CAN): CITIC Food Port
- Guangzhou (CAN): Famous Cuisine Restaurant
- Hong Kong (HKG): Moon Thai Express
- Hong Kong (HKG): Putien
- Lima (LIM): Bleriot Bar & Lounge
- Lima (LIM): La Bonbonniere
- London (LHR) Big Smoke Taphouse & Kitchen
- London-Gatwick (LGW): Grain Store Cafe & Bar
- Melbourne (MEL): Cafe Vue
- Melbourne (MEL): Bar Pulpo by MoVida
- Melbourne (MEL): Urban Provodore
- Melbourne (MEL): Quickshots
- Montreal (YUL): Bistrot Montreal-Trudeau
- Montreal (YUL): Houston Avenue Bar & Grill
- Montreal (YUL): Pork & Pickle
- Osaka (KIX): Botejyu
- Paris (CDG): YotelAir Paris Charles de Gaulle
- São Paulo (GRU): Bleriot Bar & Lounge
- São Paulo (GRU): Tryp GRU Airport
- Sydney (SYD): Bar Roma
- Sydney (SYD): Better Burger
- Sydney (SYD): Bistro 2020 & Bar
- Sydney (SYD): Chicken Confidential
- Sydney (SYD): Mach2
- Sydney (SYD): MoVida
- Sydney (SYD): Peroni Bar
- Sydney (SYD): Wok on Air
- Tel Aviv (TLV): Schmoozy Bar
- Toronto (YYZ): Bar 120
- Toronto (YYZ): LEE Kitchen by Susur Lee
- Toronto (YYZ): Twist by Roger Mooking
- Toronto (YYZ): The Caplanskys Deli
How to use the Priority Pass restaurant benefit
To get free food or drinks at these Priority Pass lounges, you need an eligible Priority Pass membership offered through a credit card such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Mastercard® Black Card™, U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card or Citi Prestige® Card. (The information for the Citi Prestige card and U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.)
Depending on your card, you may be entitled to a dining credit for the cardholder and at least one guest. Check the terms of your card’s Priority Pass benefits and the restaurant’s rules, but it is common to receive a larger credit when dining with guests.
Related: Best credit cards for Priority Pass
Several American Express cards offer a Priority Pass benefit (enrollment required). However, unfortunately, Amex discontinued “complimentary access to non-lounge airport experiences” in August 2019. That means those with cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express cannot dine at Priority Pass restaurants for free.
If you’re traveling through an airport with multiple restaurants that participate in the Priority Pass program, you can hop from one to the other and get multiple free meals in a single trip. However, many restaurants only allow travelers with an outbound boarding pass, meaning you can’t stop by if you just landed at your final destination.
Finally, even though cardmembers are offered a dining credit at these Priority Pass restaurants, the usual tipping etiquette applies to the pre-credit meal cost. I’ve seen Priority Pass members stiff the waitstaff on multiple occasions at U.S. Priority Pass restaurants. So, bring along cash to tip your waiter or waitress. But you may be able to ask the restaurant to ring up a $0.01 charge so that you can pay — and tip — via a credit card.
Additional reporting by JT Genter and Mark Spivak.
Featured photo of food at SFO’s San Francisco Giants Clubhouse by Katie Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees