This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Priority Pass network continues to grow, and the latest additions are two great options for travelers on the East Coast — the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses at Washington Dulles (IAD) and Newark (EWR), respectively.
However, access won’t be without limits. Both East Coast lounges are only opening their doors to Priority Pass members for specific periods of time each day. At the Newark Clubhouse, located in Terminal B, you’ll only be allowed in between the hours of 6:00am and 1:30pm. At the Dulles Clubhouse, which is across from Gate A32 in Concourse A, you may enter between the hours of 2:00pm to 6:00pm.
These specific times may seem arbitrary, but they really create a win-win situation for everyone: Passengers who wouldn’t otherwise be able to access these lounges will find free Wi-Fi and great food during these hours, while the Clubhouses will be able to earn additional revenue from Priority Pass during hours that probably are on the slower side for their usual clientele.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards