This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Luxury travel aficionados and musical history buffs, take note.
Prince’s private estate on Turks and Caicos is going up for auction this summer. Premiere Estates auction house announced Tuesday that the late musician’s five-acre estate located on the south shore of Providenciales in Turks and Caicos is going under the gavel.
The 10,000-square-foot compound includes six bedrooms and six baths, a tennis court and guard home at the entrance. Featuring panoramic ocean views, this estate has two private beaches and a 200-foot personal dock. Also, in true Prince form, the property has a custom purple painted driveway — a nod to the late musical icon’s signature color.
Premiere Estates is currently taking offers for the secluded island compound. While there is no official starting bid for the property, a $100,000 refundable registration deposit is required to participate in the bidding. Therefore, if you decided not to purchase the property, your deposit will be refunded. All bids are due by July 12, 2018.
“How do you value a masterpiece like the Mona Lisa?’’ Todd Wohl, founder of Premiere Estates Auction Company, which is handling the sale, asked in a statement. “The value is ultimately determined by the market—with a unique property like Prince’s Turks and Caicos estate, we anticipate significant interest and multiple bidders.”
You can also check out more photos of the property here.
All images of Prince Estate by Premiereestates.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards