This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s more soothing than going through security, getting past hordes of people, and mentally preparing for a 14-hour flight? Listening to some house music before takeoff? Then boy oh boy, do we have some good news for you!
Dubai International Airport (DXB) has begun to roll out a resident DJ program that will present free monthly concerts for travelers. It’s a new initiative as part of the airport’s #musicDXB program, and the airport paired with DJ duo Hollaphonic to make it happen. There’s going to be some flexibility here, too — they’re planning on performing on different stages set up throughout the airport, and will choose their performance location depending on which area is most packed with flyers at the time. Keep in mind here that Dubai is the world’s busiest airport for international travel. Because why try to relax in a crowd of people before a long flight when you could just listen to some loud house music instead?
“The team at DXB have really cool visions about how far this can go – whatever idea someone thinks is the best, craziest and most unthinkable: that’s what we’re aiming for,” Olly Wood, co-founder, executive producer, and one half of the act, said in an interview with Time Out Dubai. He added, “this is the first considered music campaign that any airport in the world has done.”
You can say that again.
We’ll just leave this link for the 5 Best Over-Ear Noise-Canceling Headphones here.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards