This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s more soothing than going through security, getting past hordes of people, and mentally preparing for a 14-hour flight? Listening to some house music before takeoff? Then boy oh boy, do we have some good news for you!
Dubai International Airport (DXB) has begun to roll out a resident DJ program that will present free monthly concerts for travelers. It’s a new initiative as part of the airport’s #musicDXB program, and the airport paired with DJ duo Hollaphonic to make it happen. There’s going to be some flexibility here, too — they’re planning on performing on different stages set up throughout the airport, and will choose their performance location depending on which area is most packed with flyers at the time. Keep in mind here that Dubai is the world’s busiest airport for international travel. Because why try to relax in a crowd of people before a long flight when you could just listen to some loud house music instead?
“The team at DXB have really cool visions about how far this can go – whatever idea someone thinks is the best, craziest and most unthinkable: that’s what we’re aiming for,” Olly Wood, co-founder, executive producer, and one half of the act, said in an interview with Time Out Dubai. He added, “this is the first considered music campaign that any airport in the world has done.”
You can say that again.
We’ll just leave this link for the 5 Best Over-Ear Noise-Canceling Headphones here.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees