Portland is losing its only Priority Pass lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Priority Pass, the 1,300+ strong airport lounge network accessible by a variety of different credit cards, is losing another Alaska lounge, with the lounge in Portland due to end its membership as of November 1, 2019. This is sad news for cardholders, as the program continues losing participants seemingly as speedily as it’s gaining them, with big names like the Timberline restaurant (in Denver) and P.F. Chang’s (in Los Angeles) departing the network in October.
After Portland, the only remaining Alaska lounges still participating in the Priority Pass program will be in Los Angeles, New York and Anchorage, though access has been spotty, with lounges restricting access to guests due to overcrowding.
While the Alaska lounge was the only lounge currently open to Priority Pass cardholders in Portland, members still have access to two participating restaurants, Capers Cafe Le Bar and Westward Whiskey. Each restaurant allocates $28 per guest with Priority Pass, which is fairly generous — even for an airport restaurant. Both are located in Concourse C, which is accessible to all passengers.
It’s always a shame to see a lounge leave the Priority Pass network, though it’s not surprising as Alaska’s relationship with PP has slowly been deteriorating. Fortunately for flyers, there are still opportunities to use their cards at participating restaurants — though they’ll need to make sure that their Priority Pass membership includes restaurant access.
Feature photo by Harriet Baskas for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees