Video: An A380 takeoff, retro liveries and other planespotting scores at LAX
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From a photo shoot in Bora Bora to the ultimate first-class flight on Oman Air’s 787-9 Dreamliner, I’ve had some pretty incredible experiences at TPG. Few can top this one, though — a two-day photo and video shoot at Los Angeles International Airport!
We managed to score some incredible access, thanks in no small part to the outstanding team at Los Angeles World Airports, who worked tirelessly over the course of several weeks to arrange entry to a handful of otherwise off-limits locations. That enabledour team to capture some top-notch shots throughout LAX’s 3,500-acre site.
A few LAX shoot highlights include:
- British Airways’ Boeing 747-400
- American’s Piedmont-themed Airbus A319
- ANA’s Boeing 777-300ER Star Wars jet
- A superjumbo Qantas A380 takeoff
Perhaps most impressive, though, was how helpful all of the airlines were when it came to facilitating our shoot. American Airlines, Delta, United and JetBlue all worked to help us pull off a logistically challenging two-day extravaganza, and I think the results speak for themselves.
In addition to the clip above, you’ll also see the fruits of our LAX labor throughout TPG — we captured thousands of photos, as you might expect, which will continue to make an appearance throughout the site. Enjoy!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.