Video: An A380 takeoff, retro liveries and other planespotting scores at LAX
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From a photo shoot in Bora Bora to the ultimate first-class flight on Oman Air’s 787-9 Dreamliner, I’ve had some pretty incredible experiences at TPG. Few can top this one, though — a two-day photo and video shoot at Los Angeles International Airport!
We managed to score some incredible access, thanks in no small part to the outstanding team at Los Angeles World Airports, who worked tirelessly over the course of several weeks to arrange entry to a handful of otherwise off-limits locations. That enabledour team to capture some top-notch shots throughout LAX’s 3,500-acre site.
A few LAX shoot highlights include:
- British Airways’ Boeing 747-400
- American’s Piedmont-themed Airbus A319
- ANA’s Boeing 777-300ER Star Wars jet
- A superjumbo Qantas A380 takeoff
Perhaps most impressive, though, was how helpful all of the airlines were when it came to facilitating our shoot. American Airlines, Delta, United and JetBlue all worked to help us pull off a logistically challenging two-day extravaganza, and I think the results speak for themselves.
In addition to the clip above, you’ll also see the fruits of our LAX labor throughout TPG — we captured thousands of photos, as you might expect, which will continue to make an appearance throughout the site. Enjoy!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees