Video: An A380 takeoff, retro liveries and other planespotting scores at LAX
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From a photo shoot in Bora Bora to the ultimate first-class flight on Oman Air’s 787-9 Dreamliner, I’ve had some pretty incredible experiences at TPG. Few can top this one, though — a two-day photo and video shoot at Los Angeles International Airport!
We managed to score some incredible access, thanks in no small part to the outstanding team at Los Angeles World Airports, who worked tirelessly over the course of several weeks to arrange entry to a handful of otherwise off-limits locations. That enabledour team to capture some top-notch shots throughout LAX’s 3,500-acre site.
A few LAX shoot highlights include:
- British Airways’ Boeing 747-400
- American’s Piedmont-themed Airbus A319
- ANA’s Boeing 777-300ER Star Wars jet
- A superjumbo Qantas A380 takeoff
Perhaps most impressive, though, was how helpful all of the airlines were when it came to facilitating our shoot. American Airlines, Delta, United and JetBlue all worked to help us pull off a logistically challenging two-day extravaganza, and I think the results speak for themselves.
In addition to the clip above, you’ll also see the fruits of our LAX labor throughout TPG — we captured thousands of photos, as you might expect, which will continue to make an appearance throughout the site. Enjoy!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.