Pilot Jumps off Plane to Do the Shiggy Dance Challenge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just when you thought this viral dance craze was over, a pilot and flight attendant duo took the In My Feelings/Keke/Shiggy (whatever the kids are calling it) Dance Challenge to the next level. The challenge was created when a comedian named Shiggy posted a video of himself dancing along to Drake’s new hit, “In My Feelings,” on Instagram. People all over the internet have taken part in the challenge, including celebrities like Will Smith, who epically performed the dance on top of Budapest’s Széchenyi Chain Bridge.
The challenge typically features a passenger jumping out of a moving car to perform the dance moves alongside the vehicle. Pilot Alejandra Manriquez and her flight attendant upgraded from a car to an aircraft to show up the rest of the internet. The pilot is seen pushing a lever in the cockpit before hopping down from the plane to dance along to the song. It’s clear that the power in the cockpit is turned off, so we could only assume that the plane is being tugged forward while they bust their moves.
Back in April, Pilot Alejandra Manriquez spoke with 152 Aviation about her love for flying, which began as a teenager growing up in Mexico City. At the age of 18, she became a flight attendant as a means to earn money for flight school, which she started attending four years later. Upon graduation, she worked in corporate aviation before spending three years with an airline flying A320s.
Manriquez is now back to working in corporate aviation, flying private jets all around the world. She told 152 Aviation “Aviation is a beautiful, but very demanding career that you must love in order to be able to successfully pursue it with enough passion, overcoming all the obstacles that are going to be in your way. Because that is a fact, there is no easy way to something worth achieving!” Clearly, she loves her job as a pilot and manages to still have a little fun while working in such a grueling work environment.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees