Pilot Jumps off Plane to Do the Shiggy Dance Challenge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just when you thought this viral dance craze was over, a pilot and flight attendant duo took the In My Feelings/Keke/Shiggy (whatever the kids are calling it) Dance Challenge to the next level. The challenge was created when a comedian named Shiggy posted a video of himself dancing along to Drake’s new hit, “In My Feelings,” on Instagram. People all over the internet have taken part in the challenge, including celebrities like Will Smith, who epically performed the dance on top of Budapest’s Széchenyi Chain Bridge.
The challenge typically features a passenger jumping out of a moving car to perform the dance moves alongside the vehicle. Pilot Alejandra Manriquez and her flight attendant upgraded from a car to an aircraft to show up the rest of the internet. The pilot is seen pushing a lever in the cockpit before hopping down from the plane to dance along to the song. It’s clear that the power in the cockpit is turned off, so we could only assume that the plane is being tugged forward while they bust their moves.
Back in April, Pilot Alejandra Manriquez spoke with 152 Aviation about her love for flying, which began as a teenager growing up in Mexico City. At the age of 18, she became a flight attendant as a means to earn money for flight school, which she started attending four years later. Upon graduation, she worked in corporate aviation before spending three years with an airline flying A320s.
Manriquez is now back to working in corporate aviation, flying private jets all around the world. She told 152 Aviation “Aviation is a beautiful, but very demanding career that you must love in order to be able to successfully pursue it with enough passion, overcoming all the obstacles that are going to be in your way. Because that is a fact, there is no easy way to something worth achieving!” Clearly, she loves her job as a pilot and manages to still have a little fun while working in such a grueling work environment.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.