This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s few things we love more than learning about weird things while traveling (well, except from a good award redemption, of course). And from a toxic pit in Montana to a box the size of a bathroom stall you can find in airports, we thought we’d seen just about everything.
But something else just popped up on our radar, and our minds are blown.
Apparently, when you’re on the border of Utah and Arizona, your phone has absolutely no idea what time it is. Don’t believe me? See for yourself:
The phone on the left thinks it’s in Arizona, while the one on the right thinks it’s in Utah. Most of Arizona is in Mountain Standard Time, while Utah is in Mountain Daylight Time — meaning Arizona is an hour behind Utah.
But when you’re near the border of the two states, it seems that your phone doesn’t know what to do with itself. Aside from being “A Cool Thing You’ll See on the Internet Today,” it also poses a potential problem for travelers, especially if you have any tours or reservations planned. Our advice? Always double check your time zone as well as what time you have any activities booked; and don’t forget to snap a pic of this phenomenon while you’re at it.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards