This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s few things we love more than learning about weird things while traveling (well, except from a good award redemption, of course). And from a toxic pit in Montana to a box the size of a bathroom stall you can find in airports, we thought we’d seen just about everything.
But something else just popped up on our radar, and our minds are blown.
Apparently, when you’re on the border of Utah and Arizona, your phone has absolutely no idea what time it is. Don’t believe me? See for yourself:
The phone on the left thinks it’s in Arizona, while the one on the right thinks it’s in Utah. Most of Arizona is in Mountain Standard Time, while Utah is in Mountain Daylight Time — meaning Arizona is an hour behind Utah.
But when you’re near the border of the two states, it seems that your phone doesn’t know what to do with itself. Aside from being “A Cool Thing You’ll See on the Internet Today,” it also poses a potential problem for travelers, especially if you have any tours or reservations planned. Our advice? Always double check your time zone as well as what time you have any activities booked; and don’t forget to snap a pic of this phenomenon while you’re at it.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees