Phoenix Sky Harbor Opens New John S. McCain III Terminal 3
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Monday, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) officially opened the newly named and refurbished John S. McCain III Terminal 3 South Concourse. Travelers now have access to more shops, restaurants and 15 airline gates in honor of the late US Senator.
The renovation, which is part of the ongoing $590-million Terminal 3 Modernization Program, was ushered in by a ribbon cutting ceremony attended by Phoenix Mayor Thelda Williams and Cindy McCain, wife of the late John McCain.“My husband was so excited to know that he was going to be part of not only the aviation history of Arizona — but such an important part of it,” McCain said at the ceremony. “It’s very bittersweet, obviously, I wish he were here. He would have loved this more than anything.”
As for the modernization of the Terminal, Williams and Cindy McCain said it is essential to Sky Harbor as Phoenix’s largest economic driver. “If this is your first trip to Arizona, you can’t help but be impressed by what you see,” said McCain. “It’s sales, it’s comfort, it’s safety, it’s everything an airport should be.” In 2018, TPG ranked Sky Harbor the No. 1 airport in the US.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.