Phoenix Sky Harbor Opens New John S. McCain III Terminal 3
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Monday, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) officially opened the newly named and refurbished John S. McCain III Terminal 3 South Concourse. Travelers now have access to more shops, restaurants and 15 airline gates in honor of the late US Senator.
The renovation, which is part of the ongoing $590-million Terminal 3 Modernization Program, was ushered in by a ribbon cutting ceremony attended by Phoenix Mayor Thelda Williams and Cindy McCain, wife of the late John McCain.“My husband was so excited to know that he was going to be part of not only the aviation history of Arizona — but such an important part of it,” McCain said at the ceremony. “It’s very bittersweet, obviously, I wish he were here. He would have loved this more than anything.”
As for the modernization of the Terminal, Williams and Cindy McCain said it is essential to Sky Harbor as Phoenix’s largest economic driver. “If this is your first trip to Arizona, you can’t help but be impressed by what you see,” said McCain. “It’s sales, it’s comfort, it’s safety, it’s everything an airport should be.” In 2018, TPG ranked Sky Harbor the No. 1 airport in the US.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees