Phoenix Sky Harbor Opens New John S. McCain III Terminal 3
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Monday, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) officially opened the newly named and refurbished John S. McCain III Terminal 3 South Concourse. Travelers now have access to more shops, restaurants and 15 airline gates in honor of the late US Senator.
The renovation, which is part of the ongoing $590-million Terminal 3 Modernization Program, was ushered in by a ribbon cutting ceremony attended by Phoenix Mayor Thelda Williams and Cindy McCain, wife of the late John McCain.“My husband was so excited to know that he was going to be part of not only the aviation history of Arizona — but such an important part of it,” McCain said at the ceremony. “It’s very bittersweet, obviously, I wish he were here. He would have loved this more than anything.”
As for the modernization of the Terminal, Williams and Cindy McCain said it is essential to Sky Harbor as Phoenix’s largest economic driver. “If this is your first trip to Arizona, you can’t help but be impressed by what you see,” said McCain. “It’s sales, it’s comfort, it’s safety, it’s everything an airport should be.” In 2018, TPG ranked Sky Harbor the No. 1 airport in the US.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.