An Airport Employee Fatally Stabbed a Co-Worker at Philadelphia International Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An airport employee fatally stabbed a coworker at Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) on Thursday morning.
The Philadelphia Police Department says the incident occurred in the airport’s Terminal E.
“Preliminary reports are stating that there was a stabbing at Gate E6 in the secure area between two employees,” Philadelphia Police told TPG. “One victim was transported to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center and pronounced dead. One male is in police custody. No passengers were involved.”
Early media reports identified the suspect as a Frontier Airlines employee. Frontier, however, says the incident was between two workers employed by Worldwide Flight Services, an aviation services contractor that serves more than 145 airports around the world.
“The Frontier Airlines family is saddened to learn about this event and our hearts go out to those touched by the tragedy,” a spokesperson for the airline told TPG. “We have reached out to WFS to assist them in any way possible as they deal with this incident.”
Frontier referred TPG to WFS for questions regarding the fatal stabbing, but a WFS representative could not be immediately reached for comment.
A Philadelphia International Airport representative referred all questions to the Philadelphia Police Department, which said the investigation is ongoing.
Featured image by John Greim/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.