An Airport Employee Fatally Stabbed a Co-Worker at Philadelphia International Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An airport employee fatally stabbed a coworker at Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) on Thursday morning.
The Philadelphia Police Department says the incident occurred in the airport’s Terminal E.
“Preliminary reports are stating that there was a stabbing at Gate E6 in the secure area between two employees,” Philadelphia Police told TPG. “One victim was transported to Penn Presbyterian Medical Center and pronounced dead. One male is in police custody. No passengers were involved.”
Early media reports identified the suspect as a Frontier Airlines employee. Frontier, however, says the incident was between two workers employed by Worldwide Flight Services, an aviation services contractor that serves more than 145 airports around the world.
“The Frontier Airlines family is saddened to learn about this event and our hearts go out to those touched by the tragedy,” a spokesperson for the airline told TPG. “We have reached out to WFS to assist them in any way possible as they deal with this incident.”
Frontier referred TPG to WFS for questions regarding the fatal stabbing, but a WFS representative could not be immediately reached for comment.
A Philadelphia International Airport representative referred all questions to the Philadelphia Police Department, which said the investigation is ongoing.
Featured image by John Greim/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees