Perktoberfest: Free pretzels with Delta and American Express
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Attention all cobranded Delta and American Express cardholders: the day you’ve been waiting for has arrived.
Picture this: you’re sitting in your living room in New York City (which also happens to be your bathroom/bedroom/closet combo, because it’s NYC), Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express in hand, stomach rumbling and all your money spent on rent/whatever else it is New Yorkers spend it on (apples? Statue of Liberty tour tickets?). As you idly ponder your life choices, it comes to you in a flash: the Delta Amex Perks truck is on its way.
And with it? Free pretzels for you and a friend, dipping sauce included.
Sept. 6 through the beginning of November, Perktoberfest will be offering free pretzels at nine different locations across the country:
- Salt Lake City — Sept. 6 and 7
- New York City — Sept. 13 and 15
- Detroit — Sept. 21 and 22
- Minneapolis — Sept. 28 and 29
- Atlanta — Oct. 5 and 6
- Raleigh/Durham — Oct. 12 and 13
- Boston — Oct. 18 and 19
- Seattle — Oct. 26 and 27
- Los Angeles — Nov. 1 and 2
You can find all the locations and times at this link.
Cardholders of any Delta American Express card will receive a free pretzel and dipping sauce for themselves and one guest. Cards include:
- Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
If you’re not an Amex Delta cardholder, you can still snag a pretzel when you make a donation to the American Red Cross. Wondering if picking up a Delta card is the right move for your wallet? If so, you can read our guide on how to choose the best credit card for Delta flyers.
I’m not saying that this is a good enough reason to get one of these cards. But, I mean…free pretzels.
Featured photo by david neuscheler/Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees